Sign in to follow this  

2 stroke or 4 stroke

I'm looking at purchasing my son a used 250, and if run across a 250sx, and a 250sxf for about the same price. The riding he will be doing is just general trail/track riding. He is 13, weighs about 125lb. and handles my klr450 with ease, but it is a bit heavy for him when he gets into trouble on the trails. Which bike would be best.....most the neighbors he rides with are riding yz250, or ktm250 2stroke?

Thanks!

Well, from what I know, get him the bike he likes the best, does he like 4 stroke torque, or does he want to rev out on a 2 stroke, oh and as a Dad, do you like valve jobs or top end jobs?? Are you sure he can handle it though, he is 13, but im assuming he's been riding a while..

He has been riding the other 2 strokes I mentioned, with no problem, as well as my klr450. Heck he rides mine a lot harder than I do. He has been riding awhile. Both bikes are = in price and wear/tear, I'm just not sure which would be better for the long haul, and if both would be about the same in performance......I don't want him left behind and upset with dad! lol