Sign in to follow this  

Deblinking. That's right. Help a brother out.

Looks like I'm trying to go the opposite direction of most guys on here. I ride my 2010 530 EXC mostly in the woods and would like to get rid of the blinkers and switches. I simply don't need them, don't want to break them off, and would rather eliminate all the switches and associated wiring. I did a search but everything I find seems to address adding blinkers, lights, etc., not removing them.

So here is my question:

If I pull off my blinkers and the switch/wiring, is there handlebar mounted switch that KTM makes which will let me operate just the headlight or headlight and taillight? Is it plug and play or will I have to figure out the wiring and splice it in? I want to eliminate the stock multi function switch. Its too big and not needed once i remove the blinkers.

I would also like to eliminate the key switch. Are there any plug-in on/off switches that replace it? I do have the stock run/kill rocker switch, but i don't like the fact that even when it is switched to "kill", you can still crank the motor with the start button.

Thanks in advance for any advice you guys might be able to offer.

it's really easy. The key switch is a joke, just jumper the 2 pins together when you unplug it.

Same thing with the lights. There's just 2 pins that you have to jumper when you unplug the switch.

where in Jersey are you?

Thanks, I was on their site but didn't really find the answer to my questions. Maybe I'll just email them.

They helped me lot over the phone, Great Guys.