Deadbeat vendors and other businesses to avoid!

A thread for those of you, like me, who have been screwed over by less than fair or honest, even satisfactory vendors both online, offline, mailorder, in-person and other.

This IS most definitely a thread where you should name names, addresses, phone numbers and emails so that the rest of us don't have to go through and/or put up with the BS you may have already experienced.

My first experience happened recently with a vendor named MAGIC RACING INC. (somewhere in Michigan) I discovered them online this summer after purchasing a KTM 690E (from different source) and needing quick, affordable source of parts. They have been great with email communication, getting parts out quickly and with pricing. They sell both KTM oem and other offroad/street stuff. So I ordered what I thought was a brand new set of radiator hoses. Oops, they arrived and I found I had accidently ordered 2 of the same hose. No worries, they were to be spares anyways so I kept them complete with the identifying mfg's stickers still on them.

I ended up replacing my bike's hoses with some colored ones and thus had/have no need for these new OEM hoses. I email Magic Racing Inc. and ask them for authorization to return these hoses. He (whoever answered my email) told me that since I had purchased the hoses over 20 days ago, that they were too "old" to be returned, that they would not refund my money. I explained the situation above, that they were brand new, never been used and still had the stickers on them. I explained to them my theory on good customer service, which they obviously lacked, because they refused to budge. I told them I was a repeat customer who frequented many online forums/boards where their business could benefit from my eschewing their great customer service. Nope, apparently $40 refund for new parts isn't worth the thousands of dollars they would've gained by me spreading word of mouth how great of a company they are/were.

But wait...not the end of the story; I should mention that anticipating they would honor a refund, I had just 1 hr previous to the above first email, I had mailed the hoses. So anticipating exemplary service I jumped the gun trying to get the hoses to them and process going. After multiple emails back and forth with an otherwise ignorant rep. from their business, I was told that if they received my package it would be "returned to sender" and not opened.

And here I am, 2 weeks later arriving home to find my package (unopened) with big black markings reading "return to sender". What a sad state of affairs in my mind, that with the economy we are in a business wouldn't do everything imaginable to keep not only a loyal customer but one who could grow their business by thousands and thousands of dollars through his good word of mouth advertising on multiple online forums and message boards.

Words to the wise...avoid Magic Racing Inc. and support businesses who provide exemplary customer service!?

A thread for those of you, like me, who have been screwed over by less than fair or honest, even satisfactory vendors both online, offline, mailorder, in-person and other.

This IS most definitely a thread where you should name names, addresses, phone numbers and emails so that the rest of us don't have to go through and/or put up with the BS you may have already experienced.

My first experience happened recently with a vendor named MAGIC RACING INC. (somewhere in Michigan) I discovered them online this summer after purchasing a KTM 690E (from different source) and needing quick, affordable source of parts. They have been great with email communication, getting parts out quickly and with pricing. They sell both KTM oem and other offroad/street stuff. So I ordered what I thought was a brand new set of radiator hoses. Oops, they arrived and I found I had accidently ordered 2 of the same hose. No worries, they were to be spares anyways so I kept them complete with the identifying mfg's stickers still on them.

I ended up replacing my bike's hoses with some colored ones and thus had/have no need for these new OEM hoses. I email Magic Racing Inc. and ask them for authorization to return these hoses. He (whoever answered my email) told me that since I had purchased the hoses over 20 days ago, that they were too "old" to be returned, that they would not refund my money. I explained the situation above, that they were brand new, never been used and still had the stickers on them. I explained to them my theory on good customer service, which they obviously lacked, because they refused to budge. I told them I was a repeat customer who frequented many online forums/boards where their business could benefit from my eschewing their great customer service. Nope, apparently $40 refund for new parts isn't worth the thousands of dollars they would've gained by me spreading word of mouth how great of a company they are/were.

But wait...not the end of the story; I should mention that anticipating they would honor a refund, I had just 1 hr previous to the above first email, I had mailed the hoses. So anticipating exemplary service I jumped the gun trying to get the hoses to them and process going. After multiple emails back and forth with an otherwise ignorant rep. from their business, I was told that if they received my package it would be "returned to sender" and not opened.

And here I am, 2 weeks later arriving home to find my package (unopened) with big black markings reading "return to sender". What a sad state of affairs in my mind, that with the economy we are in a business wouldn't do everything imaginable to keep not only a loyal customer but one who could grow their business by thousands and thousands of dollars through his good word of mouth advertising on multiple online forums and message boards.

Words to the wise...avoid Magic Racing Inc. and support businesses who provide exemplary customer service!?

I don't know dude. How long was it since the original order? You incorrectly ordered the wrong hoses and didn't address that right away. I gotta' say when I screw up an order even from a place I deal with all the time I expect to pay a restocking fee. I made my problems someone else's which to a small business owner equals revenue lost. These guys are usually good to you which means they're prolly takin' good care of you. Good dealers are tough to find. They may seem unreasonable to you but being a small business owner myself I can understand thier point.

Sorry you're feathers got ruffled but maybe a walk in the other shoes might do ya' some good.

Don't know what you expect, most return policies are 30 days at best, like said above you placed the incorrect order, now you expect them to hook you up ? and you bash them to boot, I wouldn't even want a customer like you, let alone give you good service, sorry, there's too many good customers out there, to put up with nonsense like that.

So you ordered hoses, waited a while, didn't read their return policy, mailed the hoses back to the vendor without contacting them first, got the hoses mailed back to you at no cost to you, and then came on here and bashed the company?

So you ordered hoses, waited a while, didn't read their return policy, mailed the hoses back to the vendor without contacting them first, got the hoses mailed back to you at no cost to you, and then came on here and bashed the company?

I believe yes, that is exactly how it went down. Now we are all supposed to rally behind this guy, raise up our torches and storm their doors demanding they take care of him otherwise we will spend our money elsewhere.

Yeah, I don't think so. I respect businesses that stick with their policies and don't bend over backwards for every beligerant customer that feels he is entitled to the world. The customer isn't always right.

I bet this is exactly how he wanted this thread to go.

Next time I think I need to order something online I will give Magic Racing Inc. (located somewhere in Michigan) my business and put a little side note along with my order apologizing for the op's rant and they actually got my business because of his bogus dissatisfaction with their company.?

Next time I think I need to order something online I will give Magic Racing Inc. (located somewhere in Michigan) my business and put a little side note along with my order apologizing for the op's rant and they actually got my business because of his bogus dissatisfaction with their company.?

Haha +1!

Up until last year, I lived local to Magics and I have shopped there for over the past 10 years. They started out small and are still pretty small, considering they just started dealing KTM's a few years back.

I literally stop by there every time I visit home (just a mile down the road) and pick up a couple of things, just to give them my business. They are the epitome of what you look for in a local race shop.

OTOH, I have never dealt with their mail order, and am surprised they didn't help you out. Still, No need to bash a great company for some parts you left under you work bench until you decided you didn't want them anymore.