Sign in to follow this  

vm24 vs vm26 on 08 ttr125

What are the performance differences between the two? Which one is suggested for the ttr125. Going to be using for woods riding. What size is the stock carb?

With the larger VM26 the stock engine does not pump enough air to make low throttle jetting work as well as it could. The venturi effect is reduced with the larger throttle body and you will have to run the mix screw quite far out to make up for it especially with a stock air filter, cam, exhaust etc. That is why BBR only recommends the larger carbs for 150cc big bore kits. I personally would look more at the VM24 as the low end jetting will be crisper and that is important in woods riding. The stock carb I believe is 20mm so the VM24 will still be a noticeably bigger carb. Either way you go the stock carb is trash and you should be happy with either, though bigger is not always better.

I have the carb off of a '07 CRF150F with a BBR adapter, BBR air filter kit and BBR exhaust. The increase in top end performance is noticeable but there is a very slight stumble just off idle. Because the smaller engine size I am running a 110 main jet vs the stock 95 the carb came with because of the reduced vacuum efficiency does not pull as much fuel so a larger jets are needed. I am going with a 150cc big bore kit so it should be interesting to see what becomes of the jetting with higher intake velocities.

Good luck with what ever carb you choose.

• Like 1