Sign in to follow this  

The Birth of a Hot Line

i forget the "regulations" but its so many feet to each side of the trail. def was not a cut, he was pretty much running paralell to the trail just off the beaten path. nice line and good choice

lap 3 was tight. didn't see what you were trying to do there on lap 2

I thought going straight would be better than the normal line to the right which was pretty chewed up. I got almost cross the dry creek bed and front wheel caught a limb..

Isn't that like course cutting?

No... the official rules vary with each racing org, but usually your allowed 15 to 20 to either side of the marked trail.

Key to any off-road race...know where your passing options are, no matter how unconventional it may be. If it isn't specifically ribboned off, then you are allowed the race venue rules of distance off "main" line.

New racers don't look far enough ahead to see these lines but once your head comes up, you start seeing options everywhere.

Nice work!

I get as much pleasure and satisfaction looking for and taking alternative lines during a race, as the race itself.

It is amazing to watch the alternative lines alot of higher level riders end of making during a race.

The top riders will usually walk the course, or at least ride a mountain bike on it before the race and they already have lines picked out that they will use during the race.... I am too lazy to do that, I rarely ever look at the course past the first turn before a race.

alt lines on the 1stlap will save your cookies when things bottle up bad (mud holes,hill climbs ect ect...)

Are you the guy the other guy was yelling at in his video? I just noticed you're on a 2 stroke KTM...

You talking about Snipers video? If so, no... He rides in a higher level class, he started the race several rows ahead of me

Thanks for clarification Gyro. Your definately a fast rider, I've watched most all of your videos.. I was going to do some NCHSA last year but it never panned out. Not sure about 2012 yet.

Its fun watching other guys pick up on stuff you cut out. Nice video!