Loudmouth intake?

Waste of $150 and I'm pretty sure they don't make this for the CR . I had one on a kawi. It doesn't use a cage, it does work, seals well, you might need to adjust your air screw? Just take the stock Boot on your CR An silicone the seal, buy an uni filter. Cheaper and works great!

Waste of $150 and I'm pretty sure they don't make this for the CR .

MXA's tested the Loudmouth and liked it to the point they got five star rating I believe. If it was a waster of $150 they'd be the first to say it.

MXA's tested the Loudmouth and liked it to the point they got five star rating I believe. If it was a waster of $150 they'd be the first to say it.

Who cares how many stars it got? If you want to spend $169.99 On an airfilter then that's great, IMO it's not worth it.

there are so many better things you can do to you engine for performance that are cheaper and better examples

1) set your squish band properly for the fuel/ridding you do ($40-$60)?

2) jet you bike the right way ( $15-$60) + seat time ! ?

3) carb mod - dick's racing ( i think its $180 could be wrong) i would do that before this crap

4) reeds ( $140 )

5) race fuel vp c12 and jet for it ......mmmm is all i have to say ( $17.50/gal...mix in 50/50 and jet for it wow )

6) deck yo cylinder for more low end snap ( $80-$120)

7) i would buy an Icat be for this filter ( $80)

8) .... a 2-stoke tuning book ($45) + learn something useful = Awesome !!

9) i think for your bike there is after market exhaust flanges , can't speak to the gains to be had but again i do this before that air filer bs... made by Boysenn???? ( $90-$120???) - some one know the answer to that

10) a new clutch ( $50-$150) ... a fresh clutch always grabs better

theres alot more but those would be my top ten any one else

mxbonz or loudmouth will work nice.exspensive sure but worth the extra engine protection versus silicone.the loudmouth is nice as you just loosen the clamp and pull the filter.less chance of dropping dirt into airboot.jmo

there are so many better things you can do to you engine for performance that are cheaper and better examples

1) set your squish band properly for the fuel/ridding you do ($40-$60)?

2) jet you bike the right way ( $15-$60) + seat time ! ?

3) carb mod - dick's racing ( i think its $180 could be wrong) i would do that before this crap

4) reeds ( $140 )

5) race fuel vp c12 and jet for it ......mmmm is all i have to say ( $17.50/gal...mix in 50/50 and jet for it wow )

6) deck yo cylinder for more low end snap ( $80-$120)

7) i would buy an Icat be for this filter ( $80)

8) .... a 2-stoke tuning book ($45) + learn something useful = Awesome !!

9) i think for your bike there is after market exhaust flanges , can't speak to the gains to be had but again i do this before that air filer bs... made by Boysenn???? ( $90-$120???) - some one know the answer to that

10) a new clutch ( $50-$150) ... a fresh clutch always grabs better

theres alot more but those would be my top ten any one else

Thanks, I should have been more specific. I actually don't expect any performance gains, but don't want to see a loss either, the cageless design made me wonder how the filter is able to keep it's shape when dirty without collapsing in on itself. My interest in this system is with the flanges, and the wash cap. It looks like it would be easy to pressure wash the air box without removing the subframe, and it looks like it would be a good seal with the hose clamp, so it should handle a pressure washing. A little $ for the convenience though I guess.

Specs

Jd kitted mikuni(and pwk air striker as backup)

C12

New stock jug,wiseco top end,new pv,new pv cables, new radiators,new oem wheels,(so long excel completes never again ha ha)

Vforce 2's- also have stock cage with new boyesen pro reeds to compare next rebuild. Had vf3 but didn't like poor sealing surface at inlet.

Gnarly shorty,boyesen flange-switching to pc flange soon.

New oem crank,all oem bearings crank and trans.

Hinson basket and p plate, stock hub.

Fact connection suspension.

Rg3 clamp,twin walls,works connection lever.

New cables.

New frame in box waiting for rainy day..etc:thumbsup: