Sign in to follow this  

Damp track = Highside

Well I went to a local go cart track (F440) for some fun on sunday because it was nice out. The track was still a little wet though and oily...I was taking it pretty easy but it still happened haha.

Sometimes I wonder..when your back end starts going out...Do you just commit and keep the gas on to Lowside and not get as hurt....or try to save it.

I almost feel like going out and practicing crashes so that it becomes natural when you know your beyond saving it.

thoughts?

how are your wrists?

Oh I forgot to talk about that haha, my left wrist is very sore..it got more and more stiff so I had to leave and ride back before I couldn't use it anymore.

Its got limited movement right now and painful if put under any load.

I figured haha, I have taken many impacts like that on mine and finally last year had to get surgery. still never been the same and they always hurt

It takes a lot of discipline to hold it open when the back swings out. I would take a low side over a high side any day.

I agree. It only took one high side for me to learn my lesson.

The pain in your wrist is probably from swelling, give it a month.

I've never made it to a track, someday I will need to make the investment.

Thanks for being man enough to share your fall. I fall all the time because I know my bike is capable of going faster. No shame.

It takes a lot of discipline to hold it open when the back swings out. I would take a low side over a high side any day.

Oh yes it does :cheers: well that and it hurts when you get tossed off hehe :banghead:

I agree. It only took one high side for me to learn my lesson.

Same here...

BTW... at about the 6:30 mark in this vid the ass end stepped out and you can hear I just stayed with it :lol:

http://vimeo.com/32489968

Yeah I know....... it's a orange bike :)

The pain in your wrist is probably from swelling, give it a month.

I've never made it to a track, someday I will need to make the investment.

Thanks for being man enough to share your fall. I fall all the time because I know my bike is capable of going faster. No shame.

Yea, I have a couple crashes up on youtube if you look at my other vids.

Of course Im going to post them!! thats why I have a GoPro haha

Well I went to a local go cart track (F440) for some fun on sunday because it was nice out. The track was still a little wet though and oily...I was taking it pretty easy but it still happened haha.

Sometimes I wonder..when your back end starts going out...Do you just commit and keep the gas on to Lowside and not get as hurt....or try to save it.

I almost feel like going out and practicing crashes so that it becomes natural when you know your beyond saving it.

thoughts?

I hate when that happens. :lol: