Sign in to follow this  

your opinion...what does a fcr 39 flatside big bore and exhaust add to a SMs value

Basically compared to stock...for argunental reasons let's say an 09 sm is 3500 stock What would you value the bike if it had a fcr39 exhaust and big bore. I'm just curious seeing if i should buy it already done or buy stock and do it myself

Basically compared to stock...for argunental reasons let's say an 09 sm is 3500 stock What would you value the bike if it had a fcr39 exhaust and big bore. I'm just curious seeing if i should buy it already done or buy stock and do it myself

a little bit, depends who put it in.

anybody who's half assed mechanically inclined can do that work themselves....dont let these guys convince you if eddie didn't do it then its no good.

No its a dealership I know of...it was installed properly cause the guy in the backs selling it...lol again for argument sakes...assuming you knew it was installed properly...

As omgshesaboy says, who installed the big bore would have significance. Here I would want to see at least a few thousand miles done on the big bore before I would contemplate buying it - unless it was done by someone you trust.

I say buy stock and then have the big bore done yourself - either to be sent to a shop or by your own hands.

As for the FCR and the exhaust (some exceptions apply), those together might add a few hundred dollars (200-400) - at least around here. Does not seem fair, does it!

9-10 hours of riding time on bigbore fcr and pipe all put on at the same time...so if bike was say 3500 stock (negotiated price) with those addons assuming done right what kind of value does that add 750? (This is just a hypothetical situation by the way ha fake.numbers)

Edited by iitreatedii

In the real world it doesn't add much. The average Joe is going to look at those mods and not trust the bikes reliability anymore and therefore would rather buy a stock bike. If those mods where something you want I'd go for it, but don't be talked into paying $1500 more fore it. I don't think the bike will sell very fast. It's December in New York.

Depends on the source of the carb and what pipe. TT/SSW carb, figure it is worth $250.00. Add for a MRD pipe, $200.00, if it is a Yosh Ti, $300.00 anything else, nothing. At least IMHO. See the reciepts, check the carb bell for a slow air jet.

toadl sums it up pretty well.

Well its a yosh rs3 which I'm taking off to add my mrd ssw...the carbs origins I'm not sure of and the big bore kit is Athena...like I said this is how I wanted to mod my previous before it went boom...I can get an 06 with all this done for 3800...with just over 5 thousand miles 50xx to be more precise...

If you like it's general condition.... take it for a ride to see how it runs...$3,800 seems a bit high for an 06...

Edited by CraigoDRZ400sm

:)

double u teee effffff lol idk why it blocked it

:lol: sorry I cussed on your thread.....

Its a tough call.. Especially for the mods. Since youre going that route Id say its a pretty good deal. $3500 cash would be my number if the bike shows no signs of abuse and well cared for.

The reason I say that is my good friend just purchased an '06 S for $3200. 400 miles and tits on the trailwings but just dropped $1700 into it for the typical 50 hp deal. Now youre looking at a 5k purchase.

If the bike runs well, sounds ok, no leaks, clean coolant and clean oil Id jump on it.

Also, If your interested in unloading the RS3 then shoot me a pm. That'll take some sting out of the purchase:ride:

Its a tough call.. Especially for the mods. Since youre going that route Id say its a pretty good deal. $3500 cash would be my number if the bike shows no signs of abuse and well cared for.

The reason I say that is my good friend just purchased an '06 S for $3200. 400 miles and tits on the trailwings but just dropped $1700 into it for the typical 50 hp deal. Now youre looking at a 5k purchase.

If the bike runs well, sounds ok, no leaks, clean coolant and clean oil Id jump on it.

Also, If your interested in unloading the RS3 then shoot me a pm. That'll take some sting out of the purchase:ride:

oh yeah its def clean and I would either sell the whole Rs3 or whole fmf, whichever my dad doesn't want, thats not the issue, trust me I would love to buy a sticker, prob is...there almost same price as this and this has it done already. If I was going to do this all for now anyway I figured 3800, which by the way is the lowest we negotiated too, wanted a lot more :0...was a decent deal...I mean I have an s that's selling for 2 grand cash 2007 stock but then yoi add in all the parts, selling dirt, and then buying excells or warps and your right around the same price but after all that extra time you know...its tough, I miss riding mine

anybody who's half assed mechanically inclined can do that work themselves....dont let these guys convince you if eddie didn't do it then its no good.

Who said or implied that "if eddie didn't do it then its no good" ???

Please post a link to the thread where it was said any exhaust or carb not installed by SSW is no good :lol:

You said it, so please back it up. :banghead:

As to why those mods might not be worth much, some, a lot, or NONE.. IT depends on what condition, what brand, what state of tuning is done.. The who is not as important.

Way to many half assed mechanically disinclined people try and hack in a used carb that was worn out to start with and not suitable for the DRZ ever.

Way to many half assed mechanically disinclined people buy a slip on exhaust and think it’s does any more then make noise.

Way to many half assed mechanically disinclined people buy a look fast exhaust system not knowing they have bought an all others design or brand

And Way to many half assed mechanically disinclined people that cannot or do not follow simple instructions poorly install otherwise quality parts.

And sometimes a half assed mechanically inclined person just makes a mistake, in purchase, or install.

So WHO can make a difference, but WHAT makes all of the difference.

:)

A brand new FCR39 from SUDCO, with correct jetting installed with the correct bell, throttle cables manifold, vacuum fittings and an MRD, or Yosh Ti exhaust would be worth something at or about common used prices for those parts or a little more, if done cleanly..

Conversely, a poorly installed FCR39 MX used from a KTM, installed with a piece of rubber hose, the cast cable tower hacked up for clearance and a Big Gun exhaust system , to most should be a detractor from the selling price as the new owner will want to install a proper carb and exhaust for actual performance gains.