Sign in to follow this  

I have to sell my DRZ....

Hey guys I need some help coming up with a price for my DRZ.

Desperate times force the sale, I'm really unhappy about doing it.

Its a 2005 with 18,200 miles on it.

It has a SSW 450 motor in it with only about 600 miles on it

5mm crank

92mm piston

+1 valves

ported head

The works

The bikes plastics are rough, it needs new tires, and the fork tube anodizing is flaking and looks terrible :lol: it also needs a new FCR. it will not run with the current one on there.

I was thinking 2500 bucks. what do you guys think?

Also if anyone is interested it is for sale locally in Costa mesa. Id way rather sell it to a TT guy than some random.

Thanks, Im bummed

Without being able to start it and hear it run I don't think I would bother to even call about it. I know you're bummed (and I'm not trying to make it worse) but I don't think 2500 will work if it needs a new carb, tires, and looks as rough as you say. You might be better off parting it out. I would think the motor would fetch a fair price to somebody that knew SSW built the motor and his reputation. But what do I know, maybe in Cali the prices are higher.

Edit: judging by the two responses you got while I was typing it looks like I may be wrong after all.

yeah if i ever see an ad that says "it doesnt run but only needs __________" i immediately run away.

it will run, just not that well. lol.

I hope no one actually comes to buy it, i really dont want to have to sell it!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I hope no one actually comes to buy it, i really dont want to have to sell it!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Are you married?

Is is a black SM? I ask because a while back a fellow was going to make a trade and cash for my cr.

but you wouldnt respond to pm's? Am interested, if you are parting out. But this is not the right section of the forum. How are we supposed to get in touch with you.

OP : please email me at abhijitz@gmail.com or send me your email

Is is a black SM? I ask because a while back a fellow was going to make a trade and cash for my cr.

whats up man, same bike. Its gotta go unfortunately

Wrong Forum

You mean this isnt bearlove.com?:lol:

no sir,

Very single

Well I hope you get more then your asking or things get better so you can keep it bud. Good luck

Sold to me! I fixed the FCR and will be rebuilding it as soon as the gaskets come in the mail. But god damn was this thing dirty.... and what was up with the way you mounted the exhaust?

Anyway, the bike is all clean and everything is mounted the way it should be (with a new TT store FCRmx39 and MRD/SSW). If anyone is interested in parts, PM me. Thanks again Alex, I hope this SSW motor is the real deal.

Sold to me! I fixed the FCR and will be rebuilding it as soon as the gaskets come in the mail. But god damn was this thing dirty.... and what was up with the way you mounted the exhaust?

Anyway, the bike is all clean and everything is mounted the way it should be (with a new TT store FCRmx39 and MRD/SSW). If anyone is interested in parts, PM me. Thanks again Alex, I hope this SSW motor is the real deal.

its a yoshimura motor that i freshened up with a 3 ring piston and new valve train.

im not sure what you mean by "real deal" buts not one of my full out builds.

you have yosh cams,+5mm crank,+2mm bore and stock porting.

should be a high 40's hp set up.