Sign in to follow this  

Dual 13w HID vs stock headlight.

Question for you experts..

I have 2 Trailtech MR11 13w HIDs sitting on my shelf. Both are spots. (6 degree vs the wider pattern for the floods, which I think was 12-14 degrees?)

Would it be worth my time to fab up a bracket and replace the anemic stock headlight with these?

I'm spoiled on my GS, as I have replaced the headlights on that with HID as well. (dual 55w's, and with the low beam and my aux Clearwater Krista's I can see everything.) I know that the 2 MR11s won't even be in the same ballpark, but the stock headlight on the DRZ just isn't cutting it for me. The 2 of these would be less wattage too, but how much less?

Thanks.

I guess if you already have the lights then you might as well use them. I am no fan of mr11 hid's it does not matter the brand they all come from the same place.Welsh Allan..

The mr11 is extremely high in kelvin color like 6600K. What I call the blue light special. makes for heavy shadows on roots and rocks.. I would no remove the stock headlight in favor of these..each will draw approx 10 watts

If you have the street version of the drz that headlight pulls 55 watts on low..The mr11s will require Dc power.

After hooking them up on the test bench and looking at their output again, I'm thinking I'll pass on them again.

Next up, hooking up my Kristas from the GS solo, and contemplating that change.. :lol: