Sign in to follow this  

Hydroplanning kx 125 but now need help...

So last weekend I went out riding with some four wheeler guys and where there was a lot of area that was dry to ride I had to go throw a little water to get there. Well they just plowed right through it with there four wheelers it wasnt so simple for me I managed to go half way across before the bike stalled and the water was about just under the cylinder head. I kept it up right though thank god!!:lol: So anyway it shot a little water outta the exhaust when I got it started about ehh 20 kicks or so but not a whole lot, it cleared out within 10 seconds of running. So anyway after wards on the way back im racing my friend on his four wheeler probably running close to 55 or 60 mph I obviously could take him but it was fun toying with him :banghead: lol. Anyway towards the end im like im just gonna dust him so I crack open the throttle and right as I do I look forward and theres the water crossing I forgot about and he stopped and I panicked grabbed the clutch held it at the rev limiter until I got just before the water and dumped the clutch leaned back and went across it and made it to the other end got very very very lucky :). Anyway after wards I washed her down cleaned the air filter all that good stuff I do after every ride and I started it up about a day or two ago and the motor seemed maybe a tad louder? Not knocking or anything just a little louder if you understand what im saying? The bike only has maybe 5 hours on it since a full top end, bottom end, power valve shaft and water pump. Idk im just paranoid probably but I want to know if maybe getting a little water in the motor the first time could have damaged it? It wasnt that much at all but there was still some. Thanks for any input in advance(:

Packing in silencer probably hard as a brick now.

That could be a possibility I may just repack it if anyone doesn't have anymore input thanks

Packing in silencer probably hard as a brick now.

Yep. get the packing wet and it'll solidify or quickly deteriorate and blow out. Always use an exhaust plug when washing. Any water or moisture will destroy the packing. Actually, pump gas containing Ethanol, nowadays, deposits alot of the moisture in the packing and deteriorates it quicker.

Ok then that answers my question thanks guys appreciate it ill probably tear the bike down to the frame and deep clean and replace anything that needs to be replaced and repack the exhaust this weekend. Im kinda a maintenance freak when it comes to my bikes air filter cleaned after every ride trani oil every two rides always check my plug after each ride and all the fluids. Probably a little extreme but its definitely better than not taking care of it. Thanks again TT always comes through with help and advice.