Sign in to follow this  

Is a 02 cam better than the 06

I have heard that the cam in an 02 crf450r is a really good cam. Is it better than the 06 ? Just wondering if my 06 would benifit with the 02 cam.

Stay with the 06 if you ride mx.I believe the 02 cam might give you better top end power but in the real world the 06 will feel better off the bottom.I tried both on a 05 and liked the 05 cam much more.The 05 and 06 should be the same.

The '02 Cam is the most aggressive stock cam out of any year 450. Comparison wise, people say it's somewhat similar to a Stage 2 cam.

The '02 Cam needs lots of compression to have good bottom end. The 12.5:1 piston in my '02 seemed to help things out quite a bit over the stock 11/11.5:1.

The only reason I bring this up again is because I have a 02 cam out of my old bike. My 02 was very fast , not that the 06 isnt fast as well but with an 02 cam sitting around its a free mod for me. When I do the top end I could swap the cam as well. What about more compression over stock but still safe on pump gas prefered ? On the 06