Sign in to follow this  

what bike is better a 2006 crf250r or a 2007 kxf250

Can anyone help me out ? what bike is better a 2006 crf250r or a 2007 kxf250? herd honda has valve issues on 04 05 but how about an 06?

the 07 Kawi is hands down better than an 06 CRF in almost every category...........The 07-08 KX250F does not really have any specific problems, just normal 250F stuff (more frequent valve adjustments, more frequent piston replacement)

i owned an 05 crf 250 and an 07 kx 250f....i felt the honda was superior to the kawi...i didnt own the kawi very long because i immediately sold it after buying because i didnt like it...the honda had great handling and the motor revved longer and pulled harder in each gear...just my .02

thanks ...but what about the valves going bad quicker? did they fix that in the 06 model?

i think the valve problem extends past 06 but i believe if someone does their best to keep the filter clean and stay off the rev limiter valve life can be lengthened..unless a valve breaks and destroys the engine, replacing them isnt that hard or expensive...i had an 05 crf 450 that i had to replace intakes on and i think i spent less than 150 bucks including machine work...

My riding buddy has a 06 CRF and I have a 07 KXF. Here's what a very limited un-experienced rider thinks:

KXF - Full PC exhaust, fork and rear springs changed for my weight but is valved for a heavier rider, 47 rear sprocket....

The KXF feels top heavier, but has the punch/power to make you feel like you can get out of trouble if need be. Due to it being top heavy I don't feel like I can control it in the air but on the ground I have no trouble getting to where I want to go. Since changing the fork springs and setting sag it handles a lot better....

CRF - Only mods are front suspension, everything else is stock.

I like the overall weight of the bike and it turns a whole lot better than my KXF. Due to the stock gearing I do have to ride the gears longer but I'm more confident doing that and going faster since it feels easier to turn. However it doesn't have the power the KXF does and in some sections I feel like I struggle more since I can't punch it to get out if need be....

In the end, I feel that if the CRF had the same mods my KXF as I'd be happy with it but until I can find an extra 3 or 4 grand lying around, I'll stick with my KXF and still be happy cause it's a blast to ride and let's face, EVERY bike will have some problem unless you have un-limited funds...

I owned a 04 CRF that was updated with a built 06 motor and revalved suspension......my KX is hands down faster (slightly ported head, JE 13.8:1 piston) and the suspension is almost the same...the Honda turned better though...the KX looks better