Sign in to follow this  

How low can i go

Im looking into getting my son a 05 RM 65 but the seat height of 30" is way to high. he needs something around 23-25. He has completely out grown his jr 50 and it just doesnt have enough for him. If it cant be lowered what other options in bikes do I have? Thanks.

Wow, that's is an extreme upgrade. A JR50 to an RM65? It may seem like moving from 50cc to 65cc is minimal but the RM65 is a screaming, fast bike not for the beginner rider. They are powerful and require the use of a clutch. These bikes will haul you (Dad) around in a wheelie through all 6 gears. Seriously, I made the mistake of moving my kid from a PW80 to a KX60 and I scared the heck out of him. I lost his interest because the bike scared the crap out of him. ( I thought it was a blast to ride :lol: )

You would be much better served with a DRZ-110 or KLX-110 (same bike with different colored plastics). The DRZ110 was the best bike that my kids ever had. Easy to ride and it lasted them the longest through their growth spurts.

Of course, I'm assuming alot here. I don't know your son's abilities or age so I may be out in left field on my opinion.

Wow, that's is an extreme upgrade. A JR50 to an RM65? It may seem like moving from 50cc to 65cc is minimal but the RM65 is a screaming, fast bike not for the beginner rider. They are powerful and require the use of a clutch. These bikes will haul you (Dad) around in a wheelie through all 6 gears. Seriously, I made the mistake of moving my kid from a PW80 to a KX60 and I scared the heck out of him. I lost his interest because the bike scared the crap out of him. ( I thought it was a blast to ride :lol: )

You would be much better served with a DRZ-110 or KLX-110 (same bike with different colored plastics). The DRZ110 was the best bike that my kids ever had. Easy to ride and it lasted them the longest through their growth spurts.

Of course, I'm assuming alot here. I don't know your son's abilities or age so I may be out in left field on my opinion.

I went from a Jr50 to a YZ50 (not a Zinger... a 5 speed/clutch and fire breathing burn out machine) best thing EVER! From that to a RM80. I cringe when I hear parents saying a child can't ride a bike with a clutch... give it to them and they will ride it. Get away from the push button, auto clutch garbage, asap. Builds characture and they do great burnouts. lol :)

284272_r8rVhbXDSnp8l8Ov1dDZvbZ37.jpg

the KTM and Cobra 50's sit alot higher than the jr50 and seem to have alot more power as well they could be an option.

the KTM sx50 has a seat height of 26 inches.

Edited by TurboChainsaw

i think im going to go with a ktm 50sx sr. Not really liking the auto clutch since he rides a raptor 90 with a clutch, but it should be a great upgrade. Thanks for the help and info.