ktm starting upgrade kit

Has anyone seen or tried this. See link below.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KTM-525-EXC-Starting-Upgrade-Kit-/150510767018?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item230b240baa

I have a 2004 KTM 525 EXC (plated) and it starts fine when it is warm but when it is cold I usually have to help it with a kick or two. I have a lithium battery, valves are adjusted correct and my jetting seems in the ballpark. Any thoughts on this starter kit?

If my bike had problems i would buy it. The write up is on the mark.

But first I would go through my stock wiring and be sure every connection is clean and has a coating of diaelectric grease.

The stock ground wire goes to the subframe. You need to be sure to clean all the subframe mounts and be sure at least a couple of frame to case connections are clean and not causing resistance.

Just cleaning your stock wiring may bring your starter back to life.

Any thoughts on this starter kit?

Yep, do it yourself for $10 in parts.

My 07 525 is a bit difficult in the cold too. I run synthetic oil which helps a bit and a Shoria battery which is awesome. The wire kit will help a bit but frankly the starter is probably a touch undersized for the 525. I've never found it to be a real issue until it gets below 30 degrees or so. Push the button with a kick and off you go.

I wouldn't worry about slight oxidation of the wire, that sounds like the same garbage the Monster Cable guys spout (It is 99.99% Oxygen Free Copper from tip to tip? ). Do everything 4strokeridertt said except wasting money on the kit. I also ran a new ground to the engine itself because I don't care for the subframe bit either.