Sign in to follow this  

would this be a good buy?

any good questions to ask him? he told me the frame has some dents in the bottom from rocks, also told me the bike has low hours

Does this frame look painted to you guys? Spray paint? I might go see this one tomorrow at a "dealer" http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g262/walk72/?action=view&current=P1120681.jpg#!oZZ1QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs58.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fg262%2Fwalk72%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3DP1120687.jpg

I will judge it more on performance though but does the frames color look odd? He told me the bikes got 24 hours

just push next to see more of the frame

Does this frame look painted to you guys? Spray paint? I might go see this one tomorrow at a "dealer" http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g262/walk72/?action=view&current=P1120681.jpg#!oZZ1QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs58.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fg262%2Fwalk72%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3DP1120687.jpg

I will judge it more on performance though but does the frames color look odd? He told me the bikes got 24 hours

just push next to see more of the frame

if you could get it for 3800. looks good but has some inperfections. I dont think the frame is painted.

if you could get it for 3800. looks good but has some inperfections. I dont think the frame is painted.

imperfections like what?

scratches and jazz, couple of dings. NOTHING MAJOR! :lol:

btw, why do you need a rekluse on a moto bike?

That's the other bike that has more hours, doesn't have a rekluse just the cover

seems like a decent deal at $4500. i wouldnt think it would have too many hours on it, since its still got the stock chain and sprocket. do you know if he possibly has another ktm or bought a 2012 and swapped over the aftermarket parts (like pipe,sprocket, chain) to the other bike?

seems like a decent deal at $4500. i wouldnt think it would have too many hours on it, since its still got the stock chain and sprocket. do you know if he possibly has another ktm or bought a 2012 and swapped over the aftermarket parts (like pipe,sprocket, chain) to the other bike?

Id have to ask him, he just told me the bike has low hours all stock no revalve springs or anything, just filters and stuff like that for maitenence, the other one with the full ktm graphics is being sold by a dealer, completely stock, 24 hours on hour meter. Said that the frame wasn't painted and the original owner did proper maitenance starts up first kick

Id have to ask him, he just told me the bike has low hours all stock no revalve springs or anything, just filters and stuff like that for maitenence, the other one with the full ktm graphics is being sold by a dealer, completely stock, 24 hours on hour meter. Said that the frame wasn't painted and the original owner did proper maitenance starts up first kick

right on... i can only see the 1st CL ad due to surf control here at work. just keep in mind that they come with those plastic frame protectors, so if they take those off or replace them with new ones, its kind of deceiving cause its looks like it was ridden less then it was.

Why number 1?

This is my answer, some might agree, some might not....

Pictures sell.....period. The more pictures the better. Though you cant tell the condition of the internals, unless you take the motor apart you will never "really" know. The guy has sent you some close up picture of the engine (which looks pretty clean), link (which is a little banged up), frame (some wear and tear) but from what you can see, he isnt trying to hide anything. Hes showing you that there is where and tear, that the bike has been over some rocks. That bike looks like its got a few more hours on it then 4 though. My real question would be where the stock clutch cover is? If he didnt have a rekluse, why does he have the cover? Any bike from a dealer will be just as risky because a dealer usually sells it "as is". In lots of cases dealers wont go through or over the bikes, they just low ball the seller and then put it outside. Your also going to be paying tax on the bike.

This is my answer, some might agree, some might not....

Pictures sell.....period. The more pictures the better. Though you cant tell the condition of the internals, unless you take the motor apart you will never "really" know. The guy has sent you some close up picture of the engine (which looks pretty clean), link (which is a little banged up), frame (some wear and tear) but from what you can see, he isnt trying to hide anything. Hes showing you that there is where and tear, that the bike has been over some rocks. That bike looks like its got a few more hours on it then 4 though. My real question would be where the stock clutch cover is? If he didnt have a rekluse, why does he have the cover? Any bike from a dealer will be just as risky because a dealer usually sells it "as is". In lots of cases dealers wont go through or over the bikes, they just low ball the seller and then put it outside. Your also going to be paying tax on the bike.

he said he got it cheap and he also has the stock cover though, the dealer told me their price is otd because its someone using their lot? I dont know how it works there, but no other fees

right on... i can only see the 1st CL ad due to surf control here at work. just keep in mind that they come with those plastic frame protectors, so if they take those off or replace them with new ones, its kind of deceiving cause its looks like it was ridden less then it was.

ill try to put the other one up later today so you can see it

Yeah, I would like to see the condition of that original clutch cover. Those magnesium covers wear fairly consistently, so they are a decent indicator of hours...and pegs are as well. Never trust any statement about the number of hours a seller is claiming...especially if the bike doesnt have a meter.

Im also considering a 2011 yz250f, it doesnt have efi though, can a carb be made so that it works kind of like efi, how about starting a bike with a carb vs. a bike with efi? I heard they are extremely reliable as well. Mxa bashed it though which kind of scares me, plus they made massive mods to the engine and said the handling isnt up to par with the other bikes theres their performance guide http://motocrossactionmag.com/Main/News/MXA-PERFORMANCE-GUIDE-TO-THE-2011-YAMAHA-YZ250F-8235.aspx

heres the test http://motocrossactionmag.com/Main/News/2011-YAMAHA-YZ250F-MOTOCROSS-TEST-THE-LAST-250-FOU-7556.aspx