Sign in to follow this  

2005 YZ250 Fork Replacement

I'm looking at a 2005 YZ250, but want the SSS forks. Are there any other options besides 2006+ YZ250 forks and triple clamps? Are the 250f or 450f compatible?

You looking at this one.

http://reno.craigslist.org/mcy/2703910328.html

My friend was going to get it but he didn't since it was a 05, looks real clean only one owner and only had one top end. Below is what is new on the 06 copyed from MXA.

its not just the front forks.

Speed sensitive system, 48mm Kayaba fork tubes move the TCV (transfer control valves) above the fork springs, so that damping force is now controlled by piston speed. Along with a bigger base valve hole, the result is a smooth ride and super-precise handling.

A thicker rear shock rod, a super-light titanium shock spring, reduced-friction Kashima coating of internals and a revised swingarm all work together for fantastic rear wheel control and a sweet ride.

Increased fork pitch, also gives great handling.

Carburetion revisions and a new exhaust pipe meet FIM requirements and produce arm-stretching, broadband power.

Light and strong Renthal aluminum handlebar in new clamps with 10mm of adjustability.

Aggressive new front fender and front number plate up the style factor.

Tapered rear wheel spacers ease sliding the rear wheel into place, for quicker tire changes.

I'm looking at a 2005 YZ250, but want the SSS forks. Are there any other options besides 2006+ YZ250 forks and triple clamps? Are the 250f or 450f compatible?

If you do go the 2005 bike and upgrade the forks to 06 and later SSS forks, you will not need anything other than the forks themselves. To bring everything into alignment all you need to do is cut 2mm off the outside surface of the brake side wheel spacer. Everything will then fit perfectly.