Sign in to follow this  

Gasket?

Started off as a broken bolt, i have found out how to remove this bolt i just need to first remove the engine cover, i was just wondering if i HAVE to replace the gasket? The bike has 2 rides on it thanks in advance

If the gasket doesn't separate or tear try reusing it. If it leaks take it back apart and replace it. or try a left hand drill bit and see if it catches and spins the bolt out without removing the cover. how did the bolt break? cross threaded, over tightened, hit on something? pic might be helpful.

Its the top oil filter bolt so the long one, it happens quite often i found out, it was from over tightening but they do break really easily i will try and take the cover off carefully

I think he is talk about the left engine cover and not the oil filter cover, If you have to take the left engine cover off then yes you will need a new one because they stick to the cover/engine and rip causing oil to leak out...

If it is the oil filter cover with the rubber gasket then you can re-use that a lot of times

Yeah Im talking about the left engine cover, i knew about the rubber on the right side, thank you!