Sign in to follow this  

2004 RM 250 air boot help!!!

anybody know what thread pitch the air boot clamp bolt is? looking to get a nice allen head one instead of the phillips, any help is greatly appreciated

thanks.

Pull it out and comepare? How difficult can you make this? Bring it to the hardware store and check they will measure them for you if you have questions...

put your bolt against the new one and the pitch should seat into each over if correct.

Pull it out and comepare? How difficult can you make this? Bring it to the hardware store and check they will measure them for you if you have questions...

put your bolt against the new one and the pitch should seat into each over if correct.

+1 :lol:

i used to inspect fasteners for a living. if the threads, when pushed against eachother, fit together perfectly then you have matching pitch. very simple. otherwise just ask one of the people working at the hardware store, they might have a thread gage on hand. the thread gage acts the same as just putting the two threaded bolts against eachother.

Home Depot and Lowes have a pretty good selection of metric nuts/bolts.

I like your idea, the phillips head on my clamp is about useless after lots of jetting changes.

anybody know what thread pitch the air boot clamp bolt is? looking to get a nice allen head one instead of the phillips, any help is greatly appreciated

thanks.

I do believe its 100mm thread pitch your looking for. 100mm and 125mm are the common thread pitch for all the bolts on your bike.

Yep I'm looking to do the exact same and ordering the anodized red or black (honda) bolts. I HATE that they put screws in such a crutial position.