Sign in to follow this  

Clutch Basket!

Does anyone know the measurements for free length for the clutch spring's in the clutch basket?

I think that mine are worn cause there is a lot of movement between the gear on the back and the cluth basket it's self. (The movement im refering to is the amount of rotation in the clutch basket.)

I think it is this that is causing vibration and knocking when it is in low gear's.

Sorry should of said i have a 2001 DRZ 400 E.

Done all the loctite fixes and have checked the shaft going through the clutch basket for wear. And cant find any.

when i phoned a suzuki dealer for clutch friction plates they said that one of the plates is different from the rest, anyone know how to identify which one of the plates it is cause they all look the same to me?

Edited by Groik
wanted to add something.

Does anyone know the measurements for free length for the clutch spring's in the clutch basket?

I think that mine are worn cause there is a lot of movement between the gear on the back and the cluth basket it's self. (The movement im refering to is the amount of rotation in the clutch basket.)

I think it is this that is causing vibration and knocking when it is in low gear's.

Sorry should of said i have a 2001 DRZ 400 E.

Done all the loctite fixes and have checked the shaft going through the clutch basket for wear. And cant find any.

when i phoned a suzuki dealer for clutch friction plates they said that one of the plates is different from the rest, anyone know how to identify which one of the plates it is cause they all look the same to me?

Clutch service and inspection

Erik Marquez

Published by E.Marquez

06-15-2008

There is no spech on the springs your asking about.. Though I've seen them loose enough to fall out.. :lol:

The link above will show you which plates go where and how.