Sign in to follow this  

CRF150R or KTM150sx?

Ok so my friend rides a CRF150R with tall suspension and all. He is like 5'2 5'3 and he says that he would rather stay on his 150R than move to a KTM150SX. When his cam chain was being replaced my dad let him use his 125SX so we could go riding and he rode it fine i think faster than his 150R he says otherwise. He says that it would be better if he could stop him self from falling in a corner by putting his leg down and being able to start the bike but ive seen him start a full size bike without help. His pegs are too far up on his bike for him and this makes his knees come up pretty high. I keep trying to tell him your not supose to muscle the bike around corners your suposed to ride around corners. What do you guys think? Thanks Jordan

Ya, ur right, but if he doesnt want it, you cant make him want it...

Yeah but im trying to get him to understand he is using to much energy riding his crf and he could be way faster on the ktm150sx. He thinks that he cant handle it but yet i was rippin and ate it in some whoops in the woods when he was behind me and he had to whip over a whoop in order to not hit me he whent right in between me and my bike. This was on a ktm125sx i think thats pretty good control at speed too

I guarantee you, he is faster on the CRF150. 125's have a tendency to make you feel like your faster, but you actually arn't. Plus, not being able to touch the ground is a game-killer. You can't ride a dirt bike successfully and not be able to touch the ground, that is impossible in my view.

He can touch the ground perfectly fine and he feels cramped on his 150 because of the pegs being up high. He rode my dads. 125 fine rode it at the track and the trials yahh the suspension was a bit stiff he says he cant get over in the corners like he wants but its because the corners were small and close together and it felt like he was closer to the ground because he was on a smaller bike his 150R he thinks the only reason i almost had trouble keeping up with him is because he was on a faster bike i was on a kx100 he took the whoops better on the ktm than his crf i was behind him. It seemed like he was riding smoother and better than on his 150 it looks choppy sometimes when he rides the crf yahh he is faster on it now but once he gets the hang of a bigger bike i think he will be faster makes sense to me and by the time spring comes around he will be plenty tall

I stopped riding my 150rb when i reached about 5'6". I had a 125 also, but usually just rode the 150r(although i was faster on the 125) because i really liked its handling and power.

He's at the height where he could go either way. His choice