Sign in to follow this  

need advice

i'm going to get a 250 or 300 i have ridden both i'm not sure of the pros and cons of each bike ,i'm leaning towards the 300. I ride the north east mostly HS in NJ but i do ride some enduros and HS in PA very rocky and steep hills, very different types of terrain. are they the same bike only one has a 300 bore the other 250 bore? than how about the xc and xc w is their a huge difference?

I have a 300 and have ridden the 250, my son has one. Some of it depends on terrain and some on the type of rider you are in my opinion. I like my 300, I will stay on the pipe if its fairly open and straight on and on hills but I also lug a lot if it gets technical. The 300 does seem to top out pretty quickly though especially if you are running a Gnarly pipe. 250 lugs fairly well but runs better on the top end also has a more pronounced hit. Hit though can be adjusted some with PV setting and springs. I suspect I'm riding somewhat similiar terrain to you here in NC. I love my 300.

Bore size is the only difference between the 250 and 300. They are night and day different though.

Not sure about the new 6 speeds...link bikes.

In the past XC's close ratio gear box,closed chamber forks,adjustable clamps. Shock has high speed compression damping.

The XC-W wide ratio gear box,open chamber forks,fixed cast clamps. No high speed compression on the shock.

depends on which model you are looking at as to what the differences are. the 250, for example, has different heads depending on model, the 300 does not.