Sign in to follow this  

Bike to tall

My middle son just turned 5 and is dying to ride with his older brother who is 7. The problem is that he's short for his age and only about 38 inches.

We currently have a crf50 which he's about 6 inches too short to reach the ground on. Is the pw50 any shorter then the crf or is there a way to lower the crf?

Thanks

pw is a little shorter and I think the JR (Suzuki) is even more....I know the JR I have in the garage has shock and seat adjustments to where you can lower the bike....I have a PW as well so I will have to look at it but I do not remember any adjustments

I don't see many JR50s advertised, but the used PW50s hold their value unless you set them on fire. Buy one now (after Christmas) for $500 and sell it during a riding season or before Xmas and you might even be able to turn a profit.

There's actually several now for under $500:

http://delaware.craigslist.org/search/mcy?query=PW50&srchType=A&minAsk=&maxAsk=

Cool, thanks for the tips. There seem to be a ton of jr's and pw's in my area so I'll have to convince the wife I need to pick up up. Thanks for the advice.

get him on the CRF as soon as you can. It will teach him shifting and that will make the transition to the 65 that much easier.