Sign in to follow this  

California Carnegie ~ Sunday ~ 12/11/11 ~ 9:00 am

Look for a white Toyota Tacoma with 2 KTMs in the back. We'll park next to Skip's.

An intermediate ride with some locals showing us the way. :lol:

:)

Snap_2011.12.07%25252007.30.05_001.jpg

Just so you know.............. http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1026664&page=7

Edited by superslyko
That way...... if I skip............ you know it ain't my ride! ;-)

:lol: Tell me now???!!!! Is Carnegie in the Bay Area??? :)

Is that area that suffered the burn finally open?

Yes, it opened a few weeks ago.

I was riding one day and it was open in the morning and then when I went back in the afternoon there was a sign on the closed gate that read, "Closed due to off trail riding".

Edited by RabidDove_NorCal
Bay Area? Technically, no....its listed as having a Tracy address.

Yes, it opened a few weeks ago.

I was riding one day and it was open in the morning and then when I went back in the afternoon there was a sign on the closed gate that read, "Closed due to off trail riding".

haha..that didnt take long. :lol:

i think we should ride on the trails i think thats why we have trails.. i like trails! trails are fun.

my friend davd w says carnegie is a great place to ride, never beed there :banghead: he says you dont have to pack a chain saw to clear trail you want to ride they do it for you!!!

Did i hear somebody say intermediate ride?

Is it going to be the tight trails or follow the leader up the same hill numerous times?

I would be happy riding the tightest of trails for hours.

Is it going to be the tight trails or follow the leader up the same hill numerous times?

2011-10-30_12-53-53_949.jpg

I ain't following anybody anywhere too close. :lol:

I've spent 1/2 a day in 1 canyon @ Carnegie & been pile drived into the side of a hill by my rear fender............................... neither of which I want to repeat..................................

I'll just take some speed runs up some hills & watch the crazy young-uns :banghead: do the outlandish stuff!

I'm honestly thinking about that burrito! Told my son, "We're going to where all those hills are filled with those windmills!" He's stoked! :) "I always wanted to ride there!" he smiled.

Did i hear somebody say intermediate ride?

I would be happy riding the tightest of trails for hours.

Don't go expecting trails. There's very few actual trails there. It's more just a bunch of shenanigans all over the bottoms, sides and tops of hills.

Don't go expecting trails. There's very few actual trails there. It's more just a bunch of shenanigans all over the bottoms, sides and tops of hills.

If other riding areas = The long powdery backside runs through the trees at a ski resort,

then

Carnegie = The medium groomed mountain with a couple of terrain parks.

..in my, admittedly, very limited knowledge...

If you know the area, you can link together a very challenging trail ride. Most of it is "billy-goating". It's not like the national forrest rides where you can go out on a couple 35 mile loops with 1 break back at the truck and never cross your path and call it a day. It really caters to play riding, billy goating, and linking together some of the technical stuff to make a decent trail ride.... oh and the monster hill climbs. It is pretty well known that if you can ride (all of) Carnegie, you can ride anywhere. For nice leisurly controlled trail ride, Hollister is a better option and when it is dry, the newer "Renz" property at Hollister is open and has really fun rolling intermediate single track stuff... very flowy (if that's a word).

BTW, it will be very dry out there (Carnegie) until it rains again and the place sucks when it is dry. It is an entirely different park when it is tacky.

-Jon

Jon know's what he's talking about. When we get some rain I would be great to meet up with you guys and go for a ride.

If you know the area, you can link together a very challenging trail ride. Most of it is "billy-goating". It's not like the national forrest rides where you can go out on a couple 35 mile loops with 1 break back at the truck and never cross your path and call it a day. It really caters to play riding, billy goating, and linking together some of the technical stuff to make a decent trail ride.... oh and the monster hill climbs. It is pretty well known that if you can ride (all of) Carnegie, you can ride anywhere. For nice leisurly controlled trail ride, Hollister is a better option and when it is dry, the newer "Renz" property at Hollister is open and has really fun rolling intermediate single track stuff... very flowy (if that's a word).

BTW, it will be very dry out there (Carnegie) until it rains again and the place sucks when it is dry. It is an entirely different park when it is tacky.

-Jon

Rode hollister last weekend for 3 days,even got to ride an 2011 ktm250xcf-w:ride::cheers::ride::lol: thanks to my friend :) anyways, I'll be there on Sunday, we can do one or two of my loops :banghead: I always park in front of the hillclimb hill , come through the gate & make a right,look to the left & you'll see the hill ,park at the big oak tree,gray 4door chevy,riding a cr500:bonk:8am till dark:smirk:

So now we get TWO different local flavors of the park. :lol:

It will be dry & dusty. I'll agree with Jon, if you can ride all of Carnegie, you can ride anything.

I have had the misfortune of riding that place when it's wet. I was at a loss when I actually gained speed going down a hill with both brakes locked up. :banghead: The clay & wet grass is murderous. Going up wasn't any easier either. I'd be throwing a 10' roost with a brand new knobby & I still couldn't get up. :)

At the end of the day I'd have Flintstone tires caked with mud & clean up near the warehouse in the east. Now you have to bring a hose?

It will be dry & dusty. I'll agree with Jon, if you can ride all of Carnegie, you can ride anything.

I have had the misfortune of riding that place when it's wet. I was at a loss when I actually gained speed going down a hill with both brakes locked up. :banghead: The clay & wet grass is murderous. Going up wasn't any easier either. I'd be throwing a 10' roost with a brand new knobby & I still couldn't get up. :)

At the end of the day I'd have Flintstone tires caked with mud & clean up near the warehouse in the east. Now you have to bring a hose?

I had that same Carnegie experience of going faster with the brakes locked up going down a loooong steep hill the last and only time I've been there. Truely scary when it's snotty!

It will be riding with "you know who" that will make any place a challenge.

It sucks when it's like that. A day or two later and traction would have been perfect and two days later it would be dry again.