Sign in to follow this  

"unbreakable" lever q's/compatibility?

i've gotten incredibly tired of buying $15 levers and then having them break the first time i dump the bike, so i've been looking at some of the "unbreakable" levers... first does anyone who uses these or something similar have opinions on them? and second they only sell the levers for wr's yz/f etc. would say a wr fit on my ttr? orrr would i have to have a whole new master cylinder setup?

I'm not sure about the compatability but I loved the asv levers in my rmz. I crash a lot less now so they aren't very high on the list for my yz but I imagine I'll get some eventually. Probably sunline this time I like trying new things

You'd be best to compare part numbers at a site like RMATVMC or Dennis Kirk on standard levers to establish compatibility with your bike.

I like the Sunline levers over some of the others. They flex out like all the others, but will also fold up or down.

Not sure how you are breaking them, but also make sure that your perches aren't excessively tight. They should rotate a bit with a blunt hit of the hand.

I have ASV refurbished levers off Ebay.

Not sure how you are breaking them, but also make sure that your perches aren't excessively tight. They should rotate a bit with a blunt hit of the hand.

never broke one just bent a few, i ran the nylon rotating sleeve and werent overly tight at all. im not a fan of the ASVs but thats just my opinion some people love them and swear by them

the ARCs are my favorite so far

well it always happens in the most annoying way, i'll dump it in straight mud and it will snap but drop it in my garage and they wont break.

I just got the Tusk DFlex handguards for 55 bucks both your levers and your hands are protected.

That's what I was wondering. Even if you don't like the guards, you can use the open frames to protect the levers:

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/productDetail.do?navType=type&priceRange=allPrices&navTitle=Handlebars-Control&webTypeId=191&webCatId=12&brandId=294&prodFamilyId=9533

..a