Sign in to follow this  

'10 RM-Z450 Vs. Yz450f

Hey guys, I'm looking into getting a new bike and I'm stuck between the two. I just ride trails now and want the best bike i can get for them. I really like the Suzuki but i don't know about the reliability. I have a Yamaha right now and its a great bike, but on the '10 i was reading about the desert tank problems people had installing them. That would be one of the first things i would put on the bike. Does anyone have a opinion on the two? Oh also, i want efi so i want to stay '10 and newer.

Thank you!

Hey guys, I'm looking into getting a new bike and I'm stuck between the two. I just ride trails now and want the best bike i can get for them. I really like the Suzuki but i don't know about the reliability. I have a Yamaha right now and its a great bike, but on the '10 i was reading about the desert tank problems people had installing them. That would be one of the first things i would put on the bike. Does anyone have a opinion on the two? Oh also, i want efi so i want to stay '10 and newer.

Thank you!

Well . . . you probably read in the mag (Dirt Rider?) about the RM-Z450 running for 3 hours with NO OIL!!! That says something about its reliability.;-)

I didn't know about the tank issue, since I'm sticking with stock tank on my Yamaha.

Well . . . you probably read in the mag (Dirt Rider?) about the RM-Z450 running for 3 hours with NO OIL!!! That says something about its reliability.;-)

I didn't know about the tank issue, since I'm sticking with stock tank on my Yamaha.

Woah i didnt read that!

Thats something too look into. How do you like your yamaha? Its a 450, correct?

Woah i didnt read that!

Thats something too look into. How do you like your yamaha? Its a 450, correct?

My 450 has been great! this is my 3rd; had a 400f, another 450f, and now my FI 450f . . . they have all be solid-rock reliable.:lol:

My 450 has been great! this is my 3rd; had a 400f, another 450f, and now my FI 450f . . . they have all be solid-rock reliable.:lol:

Damn you cant go wrong with that, i think im gonna go with yami solely for that reason. Thank you!