Sign in to follow this  

recomendations piston, tires, susoension

1. vertex hi-compression or should I do vertex oem replacement? doing piston rings over winter and trying to make decision.

2. tires-ride in the n/east, intermediate terain?

3. decent suspension shop in Massachusetts? Factory connection is in NH, they want close to 1,000 for a rebuild, would like to do it cheaper.

4. I just put on FMF powerbomb header, should I add the slip-on or save my money and use the stock system? bike is jetted perfectly right now.

2004 250f

1. Stock piston

2. Dunlop mx51's

3. look for a pro action shop. There much cheaper and probly better. Are you looking to just rebuild with new seals or revalve your suspension?

4. buy the FMF powercore pipe. You'll like it much better than the stock. Keep it 4th on the list. Suspension is much more important

I would saY revolve, I weigh 200 without gear, too heavy for stock suspension? Thanks for the input I will use the oem piston and wait until I need a new pipe to buy the slip on.

Another vote for stock piston.

Michelin Starcross front is my first choice, then MX51. MX51 for rear too.

Find a local suspension tuner near you. Mine is 20 min from me.

Pipe of your choice.

What is your main riding purpose for the bike? If MX, then yes the springs could be a little light for you. If offroad, then it should be perfect with a valving change. I weigh 185, run offroad, and got by with a revalve. Friend of mine weighs 220 and runs stock springs in his 06 and races it that way.