Sign in to follow this  

Who does remaps

Is there someone that you can send your ecu to to get it remaped/programed? Just done some mods to the motor..stage2 cam,13.9 piston and a fmf pipe and I'm thinking I might need to have the ecu programed. Its on a 2011 250. And I really dont want to buy the software to only use it one time for $650 and the 012's software is differant..So anyone had good luck sending you ecu off??

I have a Vortex ECU for the '11 for sale you should check it out. It was $700 new from Tokyo Mods, and it has 10 maps for high comp, traction, overall power, race fuel etc etc. I can send you the manual to check out all the maps if you like. It plugs into the stock harness and it also has lo mid and hi fuel trim switches that let you raise or lower fuel by throttle opening +12.5% to -10% in 2.5% steps. It is in the kawa classifieds.

Yeah I looked into that a little bit and it seems like a great deal "IF" you know more then I do about setting it. With all the adjustments I'm not sure if/when I would need to change for what.More fuel/less fuel/timing advance/retard etc..Was hopping I could just tell someone what I have done to the motor and they could program from that and get it better..Otherwise I would think I would spend all my riding timing playing with the adjustments on the programer and still not know if I had it close to what it should be..How did it work for you??

It works great, and Tokyo Mods will be able to get you set up with it however you like. The maps are for specific types of mods, such as high comp piston, and they are for certain types of track conditions (more hit for soft terrain, more linear power for hardpack, etc) and the fuel trims are for mods such as race gas (a click or two more would be used) or high elevation riding (a click or two less) or a big bore (+a click or two). I used it with a 269cc big bore kit and it ran beautifully. You can adjust the maps so that they all have extra fual, or less fuel, at lo mid and hi bands. It is not that hard to get a setting you like. There is not really a bad setting, just different character of power. Tokyo Mods and other dealers who support the vortex ECU and have the software can program it with a rediculous amount of parameters for rev limits, fuel timing, ignition advance/retard, starting settings, and on and on. It will work with the optional FI warning light to give you problem codes for the bikes sensors too. Talk with Tokyo Mods, they would be able to tell you what is possible for your setup and this ignition, but for the money, it was a better deal for me because you get 10 maps that are definitely good as well as fuel tuning by throttle opening without a computer, and you would pay $75 - $100 for each custom map you wanted plus the KXF FI controller if you go that route. Tokyo mods will program your stock ECU for $75 I think, for one map. If you do not like it, then it is another $75 and so on. All 10 of these maps work and this unit is very nice. I am getting a 12 and so that is why I am selling the ECU.

I had Tokyo Mods remap my ecu. They did a really good job with it. I had another big name do it before Tokyo Mods and it was garbage. Don't ask who it was, I'm not gonna say.