Sign in to follow this  

Washington Hunting/fishing license holders exempt from Discover Pass – SB5986

Legislation was introduced today that would allow holders of hunting or fishing licenses to access DNR recreation areas without having a Discover Pass.

Good for those of us that hunt or fish. We will not need to by Discover Passes for two of our vehicles per hunting/fishing license purchased.

Bad for raising revenue for recreation of DNR managed public land via the Discover Pass.

See link to SB5986 below:

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/billinfo/summary.aspx?bill=5986&year=2011

Tod

Edited by tod701
  • Like 1

Legislation was introduced today that would allow holders of hunting or fishing licenses to access DNR recreation areas without having a Discover Pass.

Good for those of us that hunt or fish. We will not need to by Discover Passes for two of our vehicles per hunting/fishing license purchased.

Bad for raising revenue for recreation of DNR managed public land via the Discover Pass.

See link to SB5986 below:

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/billinfo/summary.aspx?bill=5986&year=2011

Tod

With costs of purchasing my hunting license, tags, special permit apps, etc. I could have purchased 7 Discover passes. Spent a couple hundred dollars and having not yet left the house. There's no such thing as cheap fun, unless you stay home.

Hmmmm, I MIGHT buy a fishing license this year...at least it's a move in the right direction.

It kinda makes sense the hunters got their sh*t together quick.

Btw, where's our legislation? :lol:

:)

It kinda makes sense the hunters got their sh*t together quick.

Not really, they did not get this when they demanded it last spring.

Btw, where's our legislation?

We got our ORV exemption in the original bill.

We got a bigger cut for the DNR than they asked for.

We did not get our tow rigs exempt becuase nobody else got their street legal vehicles exempt either (except on WDFW land)

Not sure what more we can leverage right now.

It would be nice to force the DNR to commit to specified minumum portion of the funding that goes toward facilitating motorized recreation, but that will not happen becuase most of the Legislators want to let the agencies manage their internal budgets on their own.

Not really, they did not get this when they demanded it last spring.

We got our ORV exemption in the original bill.

We got a bigger cut for the DNR than they asked for.

We did not get our tow rigs exempt becuase nobody else got their street legal vehicles exempt either (except on WDFW land)

Not sure what more we can leverage right now.

It would be nice to force the DNR to commit to specified minumum portion of the funding that goes toward facilitating motorized recreation, but that will not happen becuase most of the Legislators want to let the agencies manage their internal budgets on their own.

They got one in this year that opts them out.

I figure ORV folk have an equivalent argument for parking, cuz we pay so many other use fees.

so your telling me if put my fishing license in the window when i ride gifford I wont get a ticket?

Gifford is federally managed public land.

This is about state managed public land.

And no, your fishing license won't get you out of a ticket on state DNR managed public land, but it might if SB5986 is passed.

I figure ORV folk have an equivalent argument for parking, cuz we pay so many other use fees.

I agree and did everything I could to make it happen last spring.

They did not give us the ORV exemption without a ton of effort, getting the rest was more than I could pull.

We can and probably will proposed exempting our tow vehicles, but a stand-alone bill would not see the light of day this year in at least one Senate committee that is key to progress.

I agree and did everything I could to make it happen last spring.

They did not give us the ORV exemption without a ton of effort, getting the rest was more than I could pull.

We can and probably will proposed exempting our tow vehicles, but a stand-alone bill would not see the light of day this year in at least one Senate committee that is key to progress.

Are there more ORV'ers than Hunter/Fisherman? Just wondering?

I heard the hunting and fishing deal is only for this year. Next year ya got to buy the discover pass too

I heard the hunting and fishing deal is only for this year. Next year ya got to buy the discover pass too

The current law allows hunting/fishing license holder access only to WDFW land.

When D-passes were issued with hunting/fishing license holder is was are error made by WDFW.

This bill will give hunting/fishing license holders the same access as d-pass holders.

So where's the disabled American Vets free or partial Discover Pass?

Commie cokesuckers in Olympia :)

It is in the works, so I have been told anyway.

I should know more later today.

Guns - your rep, Barbara is one of the sponsors.

She and her sidekick Adam are on our side. :lol:

Are there more ORV'ers than Hunter/Fisherman? Just wondering?

Not a chance. I dont know the numbers but I'd bet WAY more Hunter/Fisherman.