Sign in to follow this  

trail track

i am really wanting to build a track . i dont have alot of land but i have alot of woods with trails. i have one section of a trail made into whoops its quit fun and a little jump at the end. i am wondering has anybody made a track in there woods? what would be the best way to go about this. should i just drive over it over and over or dig it up?

to build jumps you need equipment.. Ive seen tracks built in the woods but you atleast need a tractor with bucket and a backhoe

If you don't have to have jumps just ride, it will work out. If you want jumps bad enough, just use a shovel and work on it. If I want something done bad enough, I can get into some serious hard labor, even at my age.

how else would you get the jumps built? They arent going to show up on their own! and you cant do it with a shovel... well you could but it would take years.

You don't absolutely need equipment to build jumps. I've built whoops using tires and a shovel and similarly built some decent jumps using 4 ft logs and a shovel. Just get the general shape of the jump with the filler(logs/tires) and cover the rest with a good 8-12 in of dirt and shape to your hearts content. It works OK, they might require some more maintenance but for single track type jumps it will get you by. Still takes a bit of shovel work but much less than building it all out of dirt.

It is impossible to build decent jumps without machines.. But i dont know what kind of jumps your talking about.. what kinda bike? etc. I am thinking about real jumps.

If you just want to build some little ramps or whatever do what you want but its not going to be like something you would find at your local track, not even close.

It is impossible to build decent jumps without machines.. But i dont know what kind of jumps your talking about.. what kinda bike? etc. I am thinking about real jumps.

If you just want to build some little ramps or whatever do what you want but its not going to be like something you would find at your local track, not even close.

Not impossible, just easier. Get some friends together with some shovels, rakes, etc. I doubt the OP wants to build a 100 ft. jump. With a little elbow grease you will have a jump that will be plenty of fun.

You could rent some heavy equipment if you know how to run it. Shouldn't take too long to build and most companies charge by th hr the machine runs so it wouldn't be horribly expensive

if you have never driven the equipment though it can get pretty expensive, diesel will add up pretty fast for a days use, especially if you aren't too sure what you're doing at first. That being said, it does may it a billion times easier and produce better quality at the end of the day, I find.

Good luck!

What about natural hits? I'm talking about anything huge, but you can use hills, creek beds, and anything else. You can shape these out with a shovel in an afternoon.

i am really wanting to build a track . i dont have alot of land but i have alot of woods with trails. i have one section of a trail made into whoops its quit fun and a little jump at the end. i am wondering has anybody made a track in there woods? what would be the best way to go about this. should i just drive over it over and over or dig it up?

Walk the loop you want to ride and spray-paint dots on trees on either side of the proposed trail. If you need to cut any trees to clear the trail, do it. Try to route it so you don't have to cut much. Once it is marked and cut, invite a bunch of your friends over and start pounding out laps.

JayC

What about natural hits? I'm talking about anything huge, but you can use hills, creek beds, and anything else. You can shape these out with a shovel in an afternoon.

Yeap, natural terrain hits can be just as much fun as the equipment built types found on a mx track if you plan it right. Look at the land scape and find hills that fall away with a good run out and scotch a nice section of log somewhere on top to where you can gap down the hill.

Now how far back to set the jump is up to you and your landing run-out distance but you can go pretty damn big if you have the room. Just pile rocks, or whatever behind the log, back fill the rest with good dirt and there's your jump. Also look for fallen tree wells where there should be some great dirt for digging. There are a lot of fun ways to incorporate nice sized jumps in the woods if you just look.

If you really want to have some fun and have lot's of rock and creeks turn it into a EnduroX style of track and really have some fun.:lol: