Sign in to follow this  

New rim wrapz

Got my New Rim Wrapz. A bit of a challenge to get them on, but well worth it.

YZ450FP003.jpg

YZ450FP004.jpg

YZ450FP005.jpg

what are those straps on your front wheel?

They're called TRAC-STRAPS. No more washouts at the dunes. Awesome handling, act like little paddles pulling you through the turns.

interesting, where did you get the rim decals? they look sick!

rimwrapz.com

I dont see how those strap things work, they almost just look like a band of rubber around your tire please explain :lol:

I dont see how those strap things work, they almost just look like a band of rubber around your tire please explain :lol:

Well what happens when your cornering in the sand is your front tire wants to sink, stop spinning and wash out. These act like paddles and keep you tire spinning through the turns. They look small but work incredibly well.

God that thing looks ugly!

Good thing ugly is in the eye of the beer holder:smirk:

Well what happens when your cornering in the sand is your front tire wants to sink, stop spinning and wash out. These act like paddles and keep you tire spinning through the turns. They look small but work incredibly well.

Ohhhh, thats pretty suprising that something that small can make a big diffference. :lol:

Does the wrap go on without tearing the wheel down (spokes , etc) ?

Can you explain the process you had to go thru ?

They come in 6 pieces per wheel, 3 pieces per side. Once you get one side on the other side overlaps at the spokes slightly. You cant really see the overlap, but if you run your finger across it you can feel it. You need a heat gun or hair dryer and alot of patience. But the end result looks pretty sick!!! Different patterns and colors available.

I wonder how durable those things are? Im sure they will hold up in sand just fine... pretty trick lookin bike though.

Ohhhh, thats pretty suprising that something that small can make a big diffference. :lol:

They're amazing, my buddies and I never ride the dunes without them!!

nice! I have done a few of these too, these are from a different company and they make the wheels match the graphics.

crwwheels5.jpg

crwwheels6.jpg

magicwheels.jpg

These are one piece wraps,but the wheels need to be torn down I only assembled the wheels .

Edited by ncc

They come in 6 pieces per wheel, 3 pieces per side. Once you get one side on the other side overlaps at the spokes slightly. You cant really see the overlap, but if you run your finger across it you can feel it. You need a heat gun or hair dryer and alot of patience. But the end result looks pretty sick!!! Different patterns and colors available.

Thanks for the info !! , i think when my rims get crappy looking enough to think about replacement , this looks like it would be the cheaper route to go !! , and it definitely makes the bike look unique !! :lol: