Sign in to follow this  

Riding shorts with soft tail bone padding

Any one know of any riding shorts that have a soft tail bone padding? I just got a pair of oneal ones but the tail bone foam is hard and I think it will hurt me more. I want something softer like the padding in cycling shorts.

I wear the padded shorts from Rocky Mountain ATV. Arc brand. $20 and have hip, tail bone pads and a padded crotch. The elastic around the bottom of the leg can be a little tight so I take a razor blade and cut the threads and remove the elastic band. Can't beat them for the money. I like to have a few in my gear bag, no way I'm paying $50+ a pair for other brands and have over $150 in shorts.

last week Rockymountain had the EVS ultimate riding shorts on sale for $29.99 regular price $59.99 !

I have ran some A.R.C. Gear before though, it always seems to be good stuff.

I cannot give a direct comparison of other brands, but i would say the EVS is soft or medium?

There is no hard plating involved if thats what you mean.. I would say the padding is a pretty normal medium density padding. I would say just hard enough to work. Any less dense and it wouldnt offer much protection at all.

There are a couple reviews of the shorts here...http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/6/11/20861/ITEM/EVS-UG-Ultimate-Shorts.aspx?WT.ac=SLIsearch

one of the guys compares them to cycling shorts. I think this type of short is what youre going for.. cant compare with A.R.C though

Well I don't care if the hip padding is hard. I just want the tail bone padding to be softer like what is in the crotch of cycling shorts or closer to the

Do you want it to be soft so that you dont get monkey butt while riding?? Those reviews said these shorts eliminate that.. I duno i havent rode in mine yet, but i like all the crotch and ass padding in them I think they are gonna be great.

Well I dont know anything about your situation but i think you should probably go have that checked out... in my experience things that dont heal need checked.

I dont wana come off the wrong way there and act like a dad or something you know your situation good luck. i think the shorts would help you.

I plan on going to doctor but it will start to heal during the week but on weekend when I ride it hurts again