Sign in to follow this  

350 xc, rod is shot. pro-x replacement or oem?

Pulled my head, there is a decent amount of play in my con rod. I'm thinking new oem crank assembly, but I can just get a pro x con rod and have it pressed in the crank, and as a bonus it is cheaper. The oem failed, so maybe the pro x is a better option? Any input appreciated.

I'd go with Pro X. I ran a full season with a Pro X piston in my 450 and it still looks great (including the rings). Just out of curiousity, how much time is on that thing? My 450 is @ 170 hrs and the crank still has no vert play. I just bought a 350 sxf and if cranks go in like 60hrs or something, I'm going to be pissed. One last thing, Prox stuff is made in Japan = good.

it has 80- to 100 hrs. I lug the thing a lot and that is hard on the crank I think. After searching here and ktm talk, I havent found many mentions of cranks going bad. That is why I am asking folks, I want to see if it sis very common. I dont think it is. I don't think you have anything to worry about. I'll buy another 350 when the time comes.

That's good, cause I rev that bit@h! Only thing is the FI shut off on only my third time out. Luckily the dealer (still under warranty) seems to have found it. Bad fuel pump. The dealer is giving me an option for a new pump or aftermarket.