Sign in to follow this  

Alpinestar Tech 8 vs. Gaerne SG-10

Anyone have a comparison between the Alpinestar Tech 8 boots versus the Gaerne SG-10? I currently have the Tech 7 boots and they are really heavy and wear out way too fast, so I'm looking for something different with my next pair. Tech 10s and the SG-12s are out of my price range.

i have a friend with a gaerne boots, not sure which; but he says they are the most comfortable he's worn. I have 7s as well and can't stand that they are so heavy as well. AS has a new boot "tech light" maybe they are lighter than the 7s and have the AS reputation

I wear Gaerne SG-10s. Most comfortable boots I've worn. They also offer a lot of protection - almost like wearing a ski boot. I haven't noticed the weight, so I guess they are an average weight. They are cut a little wide in the toe box, and have a very large cuff for big calves and/or knee braces. I can't even put on Alpinestar boots because they are cut for narrow feet and skinny calves.

JayC

I personally went from tech 7's to sg 10's and i will never look back. The Gaernes run on the heavier side but nothing too noticible. The Gaerne's are the most comfortable and safe boot ive ever owned. Make the switch!

My experience with the Tech 8 was I wore out the soul on the boots in less than a year. The Gearne last me 3 years. The tech 8 had a nice booty to put your foot in. The Gearne has a hinge ankle.

I prefer the Gearne for longivity and comfort.

No comparison.. Gearne's all the way..

The buckles on the A*'s suck

The soles are crappy

No hinge

Leak water

I went from the tech 7's to the SG 10's...I love them!

I've only worn them twice tho.