Ammo cans for saddle bags

I saw an XR600 the other day cruising by with ammo cans mounted on both sides of the bike like saddle bags. Has anybody on here done this. I was thinking of fabricating some kind support that would mount to the passenger pegs mounting points and the turn signal brackets. Any pics or advice would be appreciated. Thanks

i you crash and it lands on you it will jack you up. friend of mine mounted a pair, cross rutted and broke his leg.

:bonk:

I use some tough saddle bags made for horses. Cheaper than bags made for bikes,just a little shorting of the center straps,and no worries of busted feet\legs..

Hope this doesn't come across as argumentative; its not meant to be.

These look cavernous to me: http://www.klr650.net/forums/showthread.php?t=23913&page=2

142536656-L.jpg

142536711-L.jpg

Perhaps if you can remove the liners as CM suggested.

I am sorry though after gagging down warm gruel out those :censored:ing things for 20+ years... I would be :censored:ed if I would mount them to my bike. The worst case of food poisoning I ever got (and I have had a few doses of bad food from the third world that left me bleeding:moon:) was field chow delivered up in one of those blasted things.

Perhaps I am just biased though:smirk:

Did I mention that I have a similar aversion to mounting 20mm ammo cans to the side of something that I use for pleasure? :bonk: