Sign in to follow this  

Crf150r expert supension setup

Hi I apologize for the double post, I just posted this in suspension, Im just reposting hear because I think Ill have better luck. Hey im pretty new to motocross and was wondering what I should do with my suspension, I feel like my rear suspension wants to do the opposite of my front suspension, and every time I hit a jump my bike always wants to endo, even if kick my weight back going off the lip.

Anyways Im 5'9 and I way about 110lbs, my bike has the stock showa suspension, any help is greatly appreciated! If anyone has a 150r and is around my weight would you mind telling me your setup?

Edited by Darnified

Sounds like your rear has too much or too quick of rebound. First set your sag correctly so your start off right. Then turn the bottom clicker clockwise to slow the rebound down.

Re-spring it first! Stock springs are good for 140lbs rider. Then set sag on the low side of spec (honda's) or the spec from the person you buy the springs from. Make sure the forks are at the correct position in the clamps.

Re-spring it first! Stock springs are good for 140lbs rider. Then set sag on the low side of spec (honda's) or the spec from the person you buy the springs from. Make sure the forks are at the correct position in the clamps.

Are you sure stock springs are good for a 140 pound person? I think anyone over about 110 or so would need to look at heavier springs. 140 IMO wold be way too heavy for stock springs based on what my 150 rear end did to the stock springs. They were WAY too soft.

I'm 155 lbs, and I could imagine anyone near 140 lbs running stock. I'm run .40's and 5.8 and I need to go stiffer. I just don't want to have any down time, since I would have to revalve it as well for the increase. But for the Original Post, he only weighs 110 lbs. It seems like stock would be perfect for that weight.