Sign in to follow this  

California Anyone have interest in an occasional wrench day?

I belonged to another site that would have "wrench days" where we meet up at someones place and everyone works on their bikes, does some maintenance or installs a mod etc. It's nice for people who might need some help with something they haven't done before or just to b.s. with other riders while you do an oil change etc.

I don't have a lot of tools but I have a 3000 sq. foot shop by the 91 and 57 that we could use if there is interest.

I dig the idea too . . . I'm here in the SFV . . . not too far from the 5 & 14 though. I've got a laundry list of parts and things I need to do on my new to me bike.

Well it doesn't have to be at my shop at all...anyone who has the space and setup will work. I am a noob this is my first dirt bike and two smoker at that and I would like to mess with the jetting a bit but would like to learn from some people who know what they are doing.

I like the idea!

I may also have a shop we could use...off the 710/405. Got access to tools and welding equipment :lol:

We do this alot in the shooting forums... "build party" for AR's, AK's, ect.

I think Neversurfaced has the wrong idea though!

I'm kind of in your area (5 & 91)...haven't had to mess with a 2smoke in a while, but could get you close on the jetting if it's way off...

and if neversurfaced is going with his 'tools', i'm out.

Chad, not sure why we haven't ridden together before, we both like the same kind of riding. But that is just wrong in so many ways:lol::lol:

pedo-bear-pedo-bear-jailbait-trap-pit-demotivational-poster-1262286096.jpg Edited by superslyko
it was only a matter of time

Aw, come on guys.

Don't be scared - I'm a generous lover...

I had Chad work on me, errrr, ummmm . . . . My bike once and I, errr, ummmmm, It hasn't been the same since! Something about constant gasket leaks. :lol:

So when and where? I'm in a condo so I don't have much room, but I have a bunch of parts that should be ariving soon that I'll need to install always nice to have some company and additional insight/knowledge. Radiator guards, Chain/sprokets, wheel bearings, etc.

Lol, i like the idea as the vast majority of my friends dont ride. I have a decent sized shop in westside costa mesa right next to newport beach.

there is a killer mexican place called Catalina Fish kitchen right next door ( ok 100yds away) that has awesome taco tuesday deals.

i think it could be a fun way to meet some TTer's!!

PM me if you guys are intersted!

Also, on the weekends we set up mini supermoto tracks behind the shop and charge around all day, lots of fun!

I am at the 57/91, know my way around a 2 stroke pretty well, and don't like Chad. I'd be willing to help out if the schedule works out.

I am at the 57/91, know my way around a 2 stroke pretty well, and don't like Chad. I'd be willing to help out if the schedule works out.

My shop is right off La Palma between Tustin and Kraemer. I would be happy to buy ya lunch, case of good beer, whatever if you don't mind helping me just get my carb dialed in for out here. I brought the bike in from Florida. It runs good down low, I think the main may be a bit rich though as it's kinda smokey when I go full throttle.

Also, a little spoogey but I don't know what's normal so it might be OK.

Well I guess if there is enough interest we can do one around here or one in LA. Either way let's try to set one up for maybe January?

P.S. please don't quote the dildo pic anymore lol I am trying to browse the net while at work haha

ive rebuilt a few bikes and cars and dont mind helping out depending on location and day....

schmo, im actually up in the valley now so i can help you out with the new 2 smoke whenver you want, although i dont have a shop at the moment...

I belonged to another site that would have "wrench days" where we meet up at someones place and everyone works on their bikes, does some maintenance or installs a mod etc. It's nice for people who might need some help with something they haven't done before or just to b.s. with other riders while you do an oil change etc.

I don't have a lot of tools but I have a 3000 sq. foot shop by the 91 and 57 that we could use if there is interest.

I am in Orange over by Irvine Park (and the old Saddleback MX park)..if you need any help.

come on guys, stopped being so close-minded. It's all about working on bikes, drinking beer, getting greasy and sweaty together. Bonding, only the way that greasy, sweaty men can bond!

It's a special kind of brotherhood!

Chad, not sure why we haven't ridden together before, we both like the same kind of riding. But that is just wrong in so many ways:lol::banghead:

Man, I'd love to - I've just been so god damn lazy about riding lately, I'm not sure what it is...

I still ride, but not nearly as much as I used to - I don't call anyone, I don't plan rides anymore... Most of the riding I do these days is a last minute deal where I just tag along with the same couple of people.

Too much work actually putting thought into anything. I need to get off my ass and get with it!!

I had Chad work on me, errrr, ummmm . . . . My bike once and I, errr, ummmmm, It hasn't been the same since! Something about constant gasket leaks. :)

I told you dude, throw a little Gorilla Snot on that bad boy - that will stop the seepage (and prevent anymore of those awkward social moments) :lol:

Come on dude!

I told you, next time YOU get to be on top. Stop acting like such a sissy!

Edited by Neversurfaced
I dropped the KY!