Sign in to follow this  

California Chain & Sprocket package deal

Looks like it's time for new sprockets and from what I've been told, if you replace the sprockets, you should replace the chain too. So I'm looking for a good deal on a quality product. I want dependablity and durability over a tiny bit of weight savings, etc.

This is what pulls up on Rocky Mountain for my bike, but I'm not sure if these are good quality or not. Any advice?

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/vehicleFilter.do?prevVehicleType=2&prevMake=5&prevModel=4091&keyword=&vehicleTypeId=2&make=5&model=4091&applyFilter=Change+Vehicle&year=2007&navTitle=Drive&webCatId=9&navType=type&webTypeId=123&uri=%2FtypeDetail.do

Looks like it's time for new sprockets and from what I've been told, if you replace the sprockets, you should replace the chain too. So I'm looking for a good deal on a quality product. I want dependablity and durability over a tiny bit of weight savings, etc.

This is what pulls up on Rocky Mountain for my bike, but I'm not sure if these are good quality or not. Any advice?

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/vehicleFilter.do?prevVehicleType=2&prevMake=5&prevModel=4091&keyword=&vehicleTypeId=2&make=5&model=4091&applyFilter=Change+Vehicle&year=2007&navTitle=Drive&webCatId=9&navType=type&webTypeId=123&uri=%2FtypeDetail.do

It's good stuff. Not the best. You get what you pay for imho.

The first one at 109.99 (x-ring) would be best in my opinion.

I use the DID VRT-2 Xring chain. They last over 200 hours for me. They are about $140.00 shipped. The new Supersprox alloy rear sprockets are cheap at about $30.00

Talk to Paul at ASR if you want a good deal.

It's good stuff. Not the best. You get what you pay for imho.

The first one at 109.99 (x-ring) would be best in my opinion.

I use the DID VRT-2 Xring chain. They last over 200 hours for me. They are about $140.00 shipped. The new Supersprox alloy rear sprockets are cheap at about $30.00

Talk to Paul at ASR if you want a good deal.

I found the DID X-Ring but nothing about a VRT . . . is this what you're referring to?

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/vehicleSelectProd.do?prevVehicleType=2&prevMake=5&prevModel=4091&keyword=&vehicleTypeId=2&make=5&model=4091&applyFilter=Change+Vehicle&year=2007&navTitle=Drive&navType=type&webCatId=9&webTypeId=36&prodFamilyId=974&stockId=&listingId=&uri=%2FproductDetail.do

I just bought the primary drive steel kit w/ gold x ring and am happy with the results. I have about 10 hrs and the chain now needs to be adjusted. Not to much stretch in my opinion.

Your bike doesn't require a narrow chain. All you need is a o or x ring chain. The primary drive stuff is good.

So the Primary Drive is 110 bucks for their most expensive package F/R & Chain. The DID chain is about that price just for the chain. Will the DID last way longer than the PD? If I plan on replacing the chain along with the sprockets, would the PD be fine . . . I was thinking if I go with the aluminum sproket, it would wear out pretty quick, I'd hope that the chain would last at least that long, if not, I think I'd rather get the DID chain and a steel sproket.

Joe buy the PD chain and sprocket. You will not be disappointed. Steel lasts a long time. Aluminum is lighter but does not last as long. Saving that extra 12 oz is not needed. I run PD sprockets and X or O chain on my 450 and they are great.

DID ERT Gold Series. I dropped the 'O' ring off my bike years ago in an effort to reduce the rolling resistance. Never looked back...

Thanks guys . . . I went thru RM and got the Primary Drive Steel package . . . for 90 bucks, it's hard to beat, and the feedback I read was all pretty positive. I ordered a set of grips too to get free shipping!

Not cheap, but in my opinion, the best stuff out there. Will outlast any other sprocket, so it evens out in the long run. I run the Regina X-ring chain. I run them on all of my bikes. He also gives ktmtalk member or District 37 discounts if you call to order.

http://www.dirttricks.com/ordering_sprockets.htm

This is all I run too......not sure you can wear that sprocket out on a 2t:thumbsup:

In a few decades of motorcycling I've only had two chains break. One was a Primary Drive O-ring and the other was a Primary drive X-ring. No more of those for me. I'll spend the few extra $$$ for a RK or a DID ring type chain.

Maybe I was just unlucky, but chains breaking twice in succession has me choosing another brand.

In a few decades of motorcycling I've only had two chains break. One was a Primary Drive O-ring and the other was a Primary drive X-ring. No more of those for me. I'll spend the few extra $$$ for a RK or a DID ring type chain.

Maybe I was just unlucky, but chains breaking twice in succession has me choosing another brand.

you've had that bike that long? :lol: