Sign in to follow this  

Anyone only ride/own pitbikes?

I want a big bike but its gonna be awhile before I get one and dont know if I want a smoker,so it may take me some time to find a 250f on my budget.

So I only own 1 ancient SSR pit,but its a hella lot o fun.

I pretty much only ride my small bikes. I have a CR250 thats a blast but my only riding buddy only has a 50, so thats all we ride!

Sold my YZ 250 and CRF 250. Just ride pit bikes now 12/10 set up - its all about the fun factor.

Thats rad!

I guess its one of those things you love or hate.

Big bikes are just out of my budget and if I needed to take it to the shop probably couldnt afford that.I can barely afford my SSR,only thing name brand is the FMF pipe,the rest is Piranha and a couple small parts from T-Bolt and ebay,but it all looks the same.I think Piranha(ebay shop) is just the china billet w/ their barcode tag on the bag.Same quality tho.

Prolly post a pic after xmas when I get the rest of my bling on.Everything I could change to billet I have.Only thing left is an Engine dress kit and maybe add an oil cooler,but I think Im done w/ the money pit.

Edited by Bonefrost
xxx

I only ride my ssr currently. I blew up my 2001 cr250r last spring and couldnt afford fixing it. I couldnt stand not having a dirt bike so with half the money i bought a 2009 ssr160. I just love ridin this bike its so much better then my old pit bike china knock off with 10" wheels front and back. My ssr keeps me happy for now i can pritty much go anywhere with the 14" and 12" wheels and the suspention keeps me happy jumping on the local mx tracks. Although ive been craving to buy a ktm150 as i feel those bikes are the perfect fit for my needs(the power of my old 250 took away some of my track riding enjoyment). I would still keep the ssr for bumming around on, i dont think i will ever sell it.

I have the ssr 125 E4 with the 10/12 set up, bullet proof. Free riding in the high dez is a blast.

I only ride my xr50. My big bike was blown up when I got it. Haven't been able to save up the money to fix it, so i just ride my 50. It has a few upgrades fast50s, pipe, k&n air filter, bigger main jet, haro bmx slim bars, sikkmx throttle housing and tube, wheels with street tires, and two wheels with dirt tires.

Never really understood the pit bike thing. Only big bikes for me. Maybe it comes down to how and where I like to ride. I'm an outdoorsy guy, and like to explore forest trails. A pitbike would never be practical for me. It sure would be alot easier to pick up after a spill though! :bonk:

Good luck on your possible new big bike 2 stroker. I'm sure you'll have a blast on it as well.

I got my first pit bike back in September, DRZ110. That thing is a freaking blast and modding it is addictive. I think I like it so much because my mom would never let me have one when I was little. :smirk:

I still ride my big bike just as much though. I just come off the big bike track and in between motos I head over to the pit bike track haha. :bonk:

I just got this 2003 Honda XR80r. It is considered a pit bike? I dk but this litle thing is a blast.

now I spending the money in some mods, not going to crazy some aftermarket exhaust, rev box and a bigger shift lever. After that some basic gear to take it to the trails, until I get a real CR 125 or 250.

Well I'm back on the mini bandwagon after having a small dabble in mini bikes in 09 when they were massive. I kept getting seriously hurt racing motocross up until the start of this year when I just decided that I had to sell my bike. I had spent 6 months on the couch in 2010 unable to work, or actually do anything because of broken bones from a couple of big crashes. Just got the bug to go riding/racing again, but didnt want to do it seriously, so a pit bike fits that bill perfectly. Just finalising the final details of the bike I am buying, and cant wait to get out there and ride it. Should be seriously awesome fun.

:bonk:

I would say 2006-2009 We had 4 110's, 1-50. during that time my kids were on 85's and below racing MX. 2008 older son moved up to a 250F(brand new), That bike cost me and my kids my marriage. It costs so much to repair. During the yr or 2 all the mini's were sold now we have only 1 KLX110. In North Texas the mini scene died yrs ago. I use it as a pit bike now and really as a "pit bike"

The pit bike seen in So Cal is flat but but still alive. I started in 2001 with a stock mod xr50 with an 88 kit. It was kind of under ground back then, it seems to be back under ground now. I'll always ride a pit bike it doesnt matter if its cool or not its just fun.

The pit bike seen in So Cal is flat but but still alive. I started in 2001 with a stock mod xr50 with an 88 kit. It was kind of under ground back then, it seems to be back under ground now. I'll always ride a pit bike it doesnt matter if its cool or not its just fun.

More people definitely need this attitude. Who cares that everyone is not doing it anymore. It is plain fun and that is all that should matter. I have just bought a new bike, and cant wait to get it. A full mod KLX 110 and am gonna go racing as soon as I have it !!

Yeah everybody thinks I'm an idiot for riding a pit,I've got easily $1200+ into my old SSR,but I dig it.I put china billet on just about everything,looks cool,dunno how it'll hold up.I dont really jump as there is no jumps I've found where I ride.But the more I read up I dont think I can afford the upkeep on a big bike.Whats a top end on a 250f,$300+shop fees?I can get a whole new Lifan or even whole pit for that.

I'm lookin at XRs or maybe a TTR but I hate trail bikes,I like a race bike setup for trail/desert riding,and those I'm looking at serious $$$ when something breaks,which it will.

Only thing stock on my SSR is the frame,fork and swing arm.I figure when it breaks,get another and put my decent parts on it.

But yeah I've only seen 1 OGM? 160 out riding,nobody but my buddy and me on pits.

I think the whole Japan/China thing is funny when alot of Hondas are made in China, I ride an SSR125 E4 and i've had them all -CRF 50s - KLX 110. In my opinion pound for pound the SSRs are a good deal, with a few afordable updates these bike are bullet proof.