Why No E start for early XR's, XL's?

I was just wondering why Honda didn't put E Starts on the XR's And Xl's when the rest of the world got the magic button on these bikes. They also got disc brakes earlier and better graphics . Geez, even the Dr's and XT's had the option here.

What were they thinking?? I would think that if they offered it as an option most people would have paid the upgrade difference.

I was just wondering why Honda didn't put E Starts on the XR's And Xl's when the rest of the world got the magic button on these bikes. They also got disc brakes earlier and better graphics . Geez, even the Dr's and XT's had the option here.

What were they thinking?? I would think that if they offered it as an option most people would have paid the upgrade difference.

Because us hearty New England men refuse to use pansy e-start bikes - we like to kick our bikes so hard, it makes Chuck Norris nervous.

Then we hike up our skirts and get CRF250Xs. *sigh*

JayC

What made you so special to get a button on your XR??

rephrase for non native speaker, please

I don't think I am - or need to be - special to get that button,

I did not even ask for one, it was a mere side effect

rephrase for non native speaker, please

I don't think I am - or need to be - special to get that button,

I did not even ask for one, it was a mere side effect

What I meant was that I was not aware that honda made an xr250 with an electric start. You must have a bike where the motor was from an Honda four wheeler maybe?

What I meant was that I was not aware that honda made an xr250 with an electric start.

Electric start xr250 's were made from about 1997 to about 2007. Mine is designated a xr250y. They were made for the Japanese and Australian markets and eventually exported to at least to UK and some African countries. E-start is very overrated IMHO - I couldnt be bothered in a bike that starts well off the kicker.

Two reasons, weight and cost.

XR's for other parts of the world may have an e-start.

The XR400R for Australia has turn signals.

The XR250R not only has a smaller engine, but forks/shocks with fewer adjustment features. (Cost)

The XR200R not only has a smaller engine, but forks that make a pogo stick look sophisticated.

There are two times I want e-start.

I've stalled my XR400 in a bad spot on a hill, pointing to the left.

I've dropped my XR400 and it's really hot. Do the hot start drill or die kicking.

A couple of weeks ago, my XR400 wouldn't start. Odd. Maybe due to sitting for a while. Laid it over on the left side until the carb flowed onto the sidewalk, stood it up, 3 kicks and it started. Oh, it might have started easier if I remembered to turn on the choke.??