Sign in to follow this  

125sx, yz144, 150sx

Thinking about getting one of these types of bike. I currently have a 09 kx250f but had a lot of fun riding a buddies mint 06 yz125..that bike probably had like 10 hours on it since new. But anyways..the bike was fun and I had a 250sx but I went to a slower bike to learn to carry speed in corners and what not. Well after riding the yz I'm thinking to even go smaller. I plan on doing some races. I want to learn to be fast. I raced quads back in my teens and now being away from the sport for a few years and I got back into it a year and a half ago I've came a long way. Mid C to fast C rider..depending on the day..Hard getting back into moto shape..

Looking at 09 125sx with low hours 2800

09 150sx with new trans and 35 hours 3200

05 yz144..athena kit but he has a 144 eric gorr cylinder that needs plating..2k

All three bikes are in awesome Shape! All three I will have to do some sort of suspension work to them for my weight.

Well, I have a think for KTM's, I'd keep looking for an 09+ 125 or 150. If someone managed to blow up the transmission, I would not want that bike.

The YZ125 is a great lil bike, no doubt. But every one I've ridden has been clapped out, they just don't have the build quality of the KTM, which especially shows when used.

No matter what bike you buy, plan on spending a grand on the suspension for racing and maybe a bit of money putting a new piston in it. I've learned to not trust anyone when buying a used bike, so be careful.

Well, I have a think for KTM's, I'd keep looking for an 09+ 125 or 150. If someone managed to blow up the transmission, I would not want that bike.

The YZ125 is a great lil bike, no doubt. But every one I've ridden has been clapped out, they just don't have the build quality of the KTM, which especially shows when used.

No matter what bike you buy, plan on spending a grand on the suspension for racing and maybe a bit of money putting a new piston in it. I've learned to not trust anyone when buying a used bike, so be careful.

+1 that 150 would be nice, but if it blew up the tranny who knowws what else is wrong with it.

How do you blow the tranny? Definetly not that 150SX i have a 08 125SX great bike pretty solid with good maintnance. I am getting a 150SX soon for the increased power worth it. If you can i would say look for a 150SX that didnt have a ignorant rider. YZ's are great too though also have one of those they are solid and relatively fast but the KTM's will swamp one. I have never ridden one with a 144 kit so i dont know about that.

I think the 150sx that had a transfer problem was a freak accident.. but I'm leaning toward that bike if I can get mine sold.. need to get my 09 kx250f sold first..