Sign in to follow this  

Oregon Stolen Kids bikes

Came home this evening to find 3 of our bikes stolen right out of our garage. They stole my 10 yr. old's KX65 my 12 yr. old's RM85 and my 15 yr. old's KDX200.

Thankful they didn't destroy or vandalize anything just took the bikes, 2-stroke oil and chain lube. They also left my Gasgas. Tells me they plan on riding and wanted bikes that dont stick out. Probably teens or young adults.

Clackamas Co. sherrif didn't give much hope of finding them, but I live in Estacada, so we will get the word out and if they are dumb enough to keep them around here, they'll get spotted.

Sucks that it is right before Christmas and many of the kid's presents are dirt bike related.

I'll be watchng C-list like a hawk and I do have the titles, so maybe I can spot them.

The KX65 has black rims, and green Acerbris handguards, the RM85 has Makita graphics and metal barkbusters with black G2 handguards, the KDX is a '94 and has none of the blue/pink left on it, it has a black seat, no graphics, a rear trials tire, Cycra green handguards and a MX rear fender with no tail light (The KDX will be easy to spot as it is near mint condition).

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully they will turn up soon and still intact. If you find the lowlifes that took them, make sure you press charges..

It's probably someone local, hard to believe no on saw three bikes leaving your property. I will keep an eye out on the west side.

I'll certainly keep an eye peeled for ya, Firffighter!!! :lol:

ThumperTDC's statement about it likely being local certainly bears looking into. That was my experience, back in the day, when I had my '79 CR125R stolen (pretty stupid thief to steal one of those 23" front-wheeled evil handling pieces of crap......). If you have time, go for a drive, gradually increasing your radius from your house. That's essentially how I recovered that buckin' CR125R...... :)

I can't recall if your kids are home schooled, or in public schools. If they are in public schools, have them keep their ears open. Young thieves aren't always the smartest on keeping quiet about their actions.....

Good Luck, Russ, and again, I'll keep my eyes open. Hope this comes out okay.....

Jimmie

Added in EDIT: What model year of bikes are they? I'll look in Craig's list.......

Thanks all.

Yes, the Clack. Co. Sheriff told my sons to keep their ears peeled at school as it was likely local kids. I've also got the local shop in Estacada on the look out as well. I'll be driving around the neighborhoods this weekend to see what I can see.

They took them in daylight hours and we live in an older neighborhood. We do have an alleyway and they probably wheeled them from the garage to the alley through our gate as to be less likely seen.

The RM 85 is a 2004, the KX 65 is a 200, and the KDX is a '94 (with the blue anodized KYB forks).

We actually had a good talk last night as a family about not holding on too tightly to possessions and remembered to count our blessing and be thankful for all that we have. Tough way to be reminded of that, but true non the less.

I usually watch the East Oregon craigslist motorcycle section. I'll keep an eye out for these bikes on there and the Boise motorcycle section.

We actually had a good talk last night as a family about not holding on too tightly to possessions and remembered to count our blessing and be thankful for all that we have. Tough way to be reminded of that, but true non the less.

You, Sir, are a Class Act!! :lol:

I hope the boys get their bikes back, soon!

Jimmie

Thanks. I appreciate the kinds words.

With 5 kids, I believe it is my responsibiity as a parent to take "teachable moments" like these, when the rubber hits the road to remember what life is all about. I had great examples of this growing up.

Believe me, I was and am P.O.'d, but life is too short to hold onto things.

I acutally called my insurance company today and I do have a $500 deductable, but they are covered under my home owners!

Please post up on the OMRA site - so there are more eyes out there looking.

+1 on a local- some one had to see that you had bikes in the garage and then wait for the opportunity to steal them.

Will keep my eyes peeled. As I am shopping for a bike for xmas for my 7yo - so been looking at all the small bikes on CL.

Thanks for all the eyes looking out. I appreciate it.

I've posted on OMRA as well.

Tomorrow I will do some laps around all of the neighborhoods.

One thing I've learned over the years is thieves talk. And if these are kids - have your kids listen in school for anyone that 'just got a bike'. Kids make the worst thieves because they talk the most.

A guy I work with lives in Molalla. He rides a KDX200, so he'll know what to look for. I've mentioned this to him, so we'll have several sets of eyes looking for your bikes within the "Bubba Triangle".......

Jimmie

I live in sandy, and have friends on curn road near you as well. not alot of areas to ride other than goat- Will keep a eye out!

On the negitive side, back in 2004 my friend had a rare 21' beaver tail flatbed car trailer stolen down on glisan. I spotted it this last august at mall 205 still with the D rings I welded to its side and the ramp I bent with a huge B series kubota so took pictures of it and the plate number of the truck pulling it. Called portland pd.... to much time has gone by- nothing they could do :bonk: