Sign in to follow this  

quick question.

if you had a 2t bike that idles when the choke is on (cold).

but when warmed and choke is off it doesnt idle.

is that a telltale sign of anything?

ive heard some say that means the pilot is too rich. is that true?

if you had a 2t bike that idles when the choke is on (cold).

but when warmed and choke is off it doesnt idle.

is that a telltale sign of anything?

ive heard some say that means the pilot is too rich. is that true?

Just the opposite. Choke makes it richer, so if it runs well with the choke on, you are too lean.

thanks for the quick replies,

Krannie, that was my thought. the other way just doesnt make any sense. i am just talking idle here, it runs great otherwise. just the idle issue. i'll go 1 step richer and see what happens then report back.

as far as "carb being clean" its been off alot over the last few mmonths always very clean, always clean it while it is off and im there.

fuel tank, is clean mostly, fresh fuel, new properly oiled filter. new jets.

generally speaking, when the temp changes 40-50 degrees with humidity elevated too, how MUCH richer do you go.

thanks to all. i'll report back.

thanks for the quick replies,

Krannie, that was my thought. the other way just doesnt make any sense. i am just talking idle here, it runs great otherwise. just the idle issue. i'll go 1 step richer and see what happens then report back.

as far as "carb being clean" its been off alot over the last few mmonths always very clean, always clean it while it is off and im there.

fuel tank, is clean mostly, fresh fuel, new properly oiled filter. new jets.

generally speaking, when the temp changes 40-50 degrees with humidity elevated too, how MUCH richer do you go.

thanks to all. i'll report back.

One step every 20 degrees

Don't bother to clean a pilot jet....they corrode from the inside eventually, and are impossible to clean...just replace it.

One step every 20 degrees

Don't bother to clean a pilot jet....they corrode from the inside eventually, and are impossible to clean...just replace it.

Krannie, i should of asked been more specific. but is that 1 step on both MJ and PJs ??? thanks man, this is exactly the info im looking for!