Sign in to follow this  

Can I use fork springs 35mm longer than the stockers???

I have a 2011 CRF250R and bought 0.47 fork springs off ebay cheap! (The guy said they were off a 2007 CRF450R)

I'm just putting them in now and found that they are 35mm longer than the stock springs...

When its all back together it feels like the spring is still pushing against the spring seat! So there must be about 35mm of preload???

What can I do?:)

Please can anyone help???

Thank you! :lol:

I have a 2011 CRF250R and bought 0.47 fork springs off ebay cheap! (The guy said they were off a 2007 CRF450R)

I'm just putting them in now and found that they are 35mm longer than the stock springs...

When its all back together it feels like the spring is still pushing against the spring seat! So there must be about 35mm of preload???

What can I do?:)

Please can anyone help???

Thank you! :lol:

The 11 CRF 250 fork uses basically a YZF fork 44450 spring as they went more to a KYB like fork. The CRF 450 07 Runs a 43495 length. So you are about 45mm too long.

even if the length would fit, what about the diameter (47mm vs. 48mm fork legs)...

even if the length would fit, what about the diameter (47mm vs. 48mm fork legs)...

Good point on the 43495s I would be concerned with the id

more as they might not fit over the bottoming cones. boy that would add some preload:lol:

they're going to hang....been there, done that. he needs different springs.

As the spring compresses the OD gets bigger and will wear on the inside of the chrome tube.

Get the correct springs.

yes i have fit a crf 250 2007 spring in crf 250 2010

1 OPTION you must cut the spring and the rate increase.

is not a good work

2 OPTION you can install the spring but put up the seat of spring of 35mm,you need a lathe

i think is good buy the right spring for model year

thanks everyone! looks like I will be getting new fork springs! Im not going to risk the lathe trick even though I have one... rather be safe than sorry :bonk: