Sign in to follow this  

A new ORANGE toy

I just picked up a KTM SX 380 2-stroke. The clutch is shot, but everything else seems pretty darn good (except it is sporting a rattle can flat black paint job).

I'll still keep my 650L of course, but do any of you guys know anything about these bikes?

BTW, wife is pissed about another bike. Just can't understand why anyone needs more than 1 bike.:lol:

BTW, wife is pissed about another bike. Just can't understand why anyone needs more than 1 bike.:lol:

Ask her why she needs more than one piece of jewelery. :)

Nice find, sounds like a fun bike.

Ask her why she needs more than one pair of shoes. :lol:

The number of bikes I have at any one time is mainly limited by the amount of space I have to keep them in. Well, that and my ability to keep them all running at the same time. Once you get very many of them, at least one always seems to need work.

The KTM 380 is a 230lb rocket. I had one for a few years. It was reliable, handled excellent and had gobs of mid range power.

are you trying to tell us there is a time when they aren't pissed ? I'll listen to many tall tales of darring and superhuman feats, but to just expect us to believe a woman can be happy? thats just going too far, at best temporarily pacified is a lofty goal to shoot for.

are you trying to tell us there is a time when they aren't pissed ? I'll listen to many tall tales of darring and superhuman feats, but to just expect us to believe a woman can be happy? thats just going too far, at best temporarily pacified is a lofty goal to shoot for.

:lol::lol::):lol::banghead::lol::cheers::lol:

• Like 1

:lol::) That's why i own 4 bikes now...i simply gave up:smirk:

^^^ sounds like a plan ^^^, they can only get so mad, after that it's just how they choose make you aware of it. (as if we don't already know)

Jon, the key to happiness is to first buy your wife a BMW roadster- my wife doesn't mind my old used dirt bikes at all! :-)

I restore vintage Yamaha DT1's. (You can see some of them in "My Garage") At one time that was all I had in the shop.

I would bring one or two home at a time and the wife wouldn't even know the difference.

I didnt get married till my mid 30's and learned from watching others. Told my then girlfriend when marriage came up "you need to sit down and listen to who I am and what Im about. This isnt me being nasty. Its a favor to youto realize there are just some things I can not and will not compromise on in life. #1 Dot make me choose between youand my family ( Parents etc). You will loose for putting me in the position to choose, as I should never have to. #2 I need an hour a day to go to the gym. Its not just physical but mental. I will do the same for you. #3 Dont ask me to seelly cars, bikes, boats etc. Idont spend money onmyself ever for clothes, jewlery, new cars etc. I like toys so learn to like them with me or dont say anything at all but dont ask me to sell them ever"

I have a 66 Chevelle SS, a 70 Chevelle Convertible, 2 waverunners, a boat, a custom chopper I built, a street legal golf cart, plated XR650R, a Mr. 50 elsinore project, and formy wife a pitster pro 125X2 that I ride more than she does. To date (Married now for 6 years; together total of 12) Ihave not heard any lip.

Just a suggestion.....do what I did!