Sign in to follow this  

Acerbis X-Seat on 2011 KX250F fit problem

I ordered the X-seat, found a good deal and thought I'd try it. It arrived and it won't fit my bike. If I compare it to my stock seat, it looks like it should work pefectly...the brackets are all in the same spot, the shape on the bottom is the same, etc.

The bracket on the front that slips under the collar on the tank seems like it may be too thick. I measured and it is not too wide, but that is where I cannot get it to go. I have applied a fair amount of force to try to get it to seat around the collar, but it will not fit there. Also, the rear steel brackets that the seat bolts go through are narrow. I had to flex them a lot wider to get them to fit over the subframe rails. It feels like those could break pretty easily so I am not excited about that either.

It is the right seat, part number at least, and acerbis say it fits the '09-11 KX250F/450F. I am going to return it unless there is someone who has the seat and got it to fit can help me out. I probably could grind away at the plastic bracket in the front and get it to fit under the tank collar, but if the rear tabs break, what is the point?

I got the X-Seat to fit today, but I am not really excited about how difficult it was. It was almost like getting a tire to go on a rim...not quite that bad, but it was just a tight fit everywhere. First, I had to put a thin washer under the tank collar, and that let the front bracket on the X-seat fit. Before the washer it would not fit there. It fits great at the front of the subframe where the middle bracket slides under the 2 tabs, but in the rear, the tabs on the seat have to be flexxed out a lot, and then the step on the bottom of the seat that rests on the subframe cross-beam is very tight and does not let the seat bolt holes line up without using an awl to get them aligned. I like the look of the seat...it is narrow and firm and has good grip, or so it seems...have not ridden it yet in the snow. Hopefully it will get easier to fit as it wears in from riding with it. If not, I'll be cursing every time I have to clean the air filter.

I had one on my 11.... Fitment of the brackets wasn't the greatest. I had to massage each corner by pressing fairly heavily with one hand whilst feeding a seat bolt thru with the other.

It took a little bit of time, but the seat eventually "molded" to the shape it needed to be and didn't require any further finangling.

Overall, I liked the seat... But, if you sit a lot, you will Get a scorching case of monkey butt.