Sign in to follow this  

Pilot Jet Part #

I've got a 2007 KX250 with a PC Platinum 2 pipe on it . Runs strong but I find it's a bit rich especially at small throttle openings .

I would like to drop the pilot jet down a step from the stock 50 to a 48 but I am having a bit of a problem . The local Kawasaki dealer says that a 48 pilot does not exist . Only 50 and 52 ( which I have as well ) .

Would anyone happen to have a part number for the smaller pilot jets ?

I am pretty sure Kawasaki has these jets as they are listed in the factory tuning guide as readily available .

Thanks for the help .

First of all, your parts guy is dumber than a sack of hammers. Any 48 from a previous year (modern) 250 will work.

either way, the number is: 92064-1143

You can get jets from Motosport, Rocky Mountain, Sudco too alot cheaper.

Jets are ordered and will be in , in 2 days . Thanks for the help guys !

I've been away from the bike world for a long time and have to relearn all over again . The 2007 KX250 is my first MX bike as well . It's been fun tuning a 2 stroke that's for sure .

I'm sure I'll have more questions the deeper into the tuneup I get .

The parts guy is an idiot. Pilots for that carb go all the way down to a 38.

35 I believe...

Being new to the MX world , I have just recently learned ( the hard way ) that I will have to do my own homework with regard to parts and part numbers BEFORE I go to the local dealer . Depending on their knowledge is an effort in futility and frustration . It's no big deal though . The guys on this forum know more than the dealer ever will and thankfully are willing to share their knowledge .

Thanks again everyone .