Sign in to follow this  

Quick question rebuild

I am fixing an 06 crf250r that I just bought I am going to have to tear down split cases replace center case and reasemble could you help me with a list of things I should do while I have it apart, also list of what I will need.

So far I have:

used center case

gasket set for outer cases, top end (what else)

should I do bearings rod etc.

not looking to spend too much but willing to do mods that matter while its apart. A little history on the bike still has original tires, chain broke and cracked center case. Suposed to be a strong running bike has usual scratched plastic, bent lever torn grip etc. overall looks good. I am competent diy mchanic did my first bike last summer this is my second step to getting the one I want. Buy it fix it ride it sell it....

Thanks in advance

Jamie

How many hours on it?

Check oil pump, trans gears, try and change all bearing since you have it apart already, check clutch basket and hub for deep grooves, check clutch plates for clearance..

I would look into replacing the crank/bottom end, top end, and new cam chain(since the bike is already going to be apart... Also check the valves and test them..

With case damage and full rebuild, which it sounds like it needs, dont expect to earn much money on it, if anything. you can easily spend more than its worth. Not trying to beat up but its worth remembering.

I should be alright if you factor my time is free cause i enjoy working on bikes, so far I am in it $1000, bike has original tires on it still, and I already have new center case. full rebuild kit 500-1000 and the bike is worth $2500 to $3000 when complete. thanks for input though that nets me between $500 and $1000 plus i get to ride a sweet bike around while i am getting tuned properly.