Sign in to follow this  

Oil for an 07 yz250f how much, what kind?

You should really get a manual. They are essential to have for obvious reasons.

Ebay, Dealer etc...you can even purchase electronic versions that you can download at home.

I would not work on a bike without one...period:thumbsup:

good luck

I asked this question several months ago and got a "do a search" and then they (SUnruh) locked the thread. I used Yamalube 10w-30. I drained the tank and crank housing. I cleaned the tank screen and replaced the filter. Then replaced with 1.25L I hope this helps before they lock it......

Here are some other recommendations...

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=10619015#post10619015

It seems like just about every thread in this section is oil or "my bike won't start!" related. That's why some people are a little touchy about it.

I would use either Yamalube, or Rotella T. You can use just about anything as long as it is appropriate for motorcycles with wet clutches. Lots of car oil has additives that makes it not get along with the clutch.

You will need to look up the correct procedure for your bike to drain the oil as it's a dry sump system so it has an oil tank. Usually this involves warming up the engine for a few minutes and then pulling the drain plug on the engine and oil tank (while it's off of course!) The procedure will be in the manual, as will the required amount.