Sign in to follow this  

Gas Gas EC250 2011 jetting issues

hi,

I'm new here.

i own a new 2011 Gas Gas EC250 racing with 10 hours.

the bike already burn/ faulted 2 spark plugs.

the carb is as follow:

went from main 180 to 178 than to 175

went from pilot 42 to 38

Needle on second position (dont know the needle #, it's an OEM one)

the bike did not faulted any spark plug as for now but runs very lean and mean for my taste, enduro style.

i preffer it reacher and more tractable, i like to ride on the lower RPM.

any suggestions regarding the right jetting? maybe a neddle change?

i have a friend with a KTM 250 2T 2010, has the same carb but no jetting issues.

Help!!!

thanks,

Edi

Be aware that these bikes have two different sized carbs. There doesnt seem to be any rhyme or reason for what carb comes on what bike. Since its a race model I would bet it has a 38mm carb, some come with a 36mm. The jetting for each is different, but the needles seem to work well no matter what. In my bike I used a NEDW needle out of an suzuki RM250 (highly recommended on GGrider.org) The OEM needles are very rich and cause you to lean out the pilot too much to avoid and overly rich running down low, plus they reduce fuel economy. The suzuki needle offers very linear power, with great low end performance

Be aware that these bikes have two different sized carbs. There doesnt seem to be any rhyme or reason for what carb comes on what bike. Since its a race model I would bet it has a 38mm carb, some come with a 36mm. The jetting for each is different, but the needles seem to work well no matter what. In my bike I used a NEDW out of an suzuki RM250 (highly recommended on GGrider.org) The OEM needles are very rich and cause you to lean out the pilot too much to avoid and overly rich running down low, plus they reduce fuel economy. The suzuki needle offers very linear power, with great low end performacne.

that is the same needle i am running also... so far i like it the best in my 250..mine had a cek in it and spooged and smoked like a**

I've got a 2011 250 with the 36mm carb, I did not like the stock needle or the NEDW

I'm riding at 100-300' in 50-80 degree weather, sand trails, I settled on a 180 main, 40 pilot and a yamaha N3EJ needle in 3rd clip

I've got a 2011 250 with the 36mm carb, I did not like the stock needle or the NEDW

I'm riding at 100-300' in 50-80 degree weather, sand trails, I settled on a 180 main, 40 pilot and a yamaha N3EJ needle in 3rd clip

I also like the power characteristics of the N3 needles. I've used the n3yf from 2000 vintage kx 250's with 168 main and 38 pilot to good effect. The leaner #8 slides that kawi used in those years also works very well in the gg engines though it might be way to much low rpm throttle response for alot of less aggresive type riders as it comes off idle very hard.